Beretta 92 vs. Glock 19? Opinions?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 92 vs. Glock 19? Opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta 92 vs. Glock 19? Opinions?

No place nearby to try them out before buying them. Would appreciate some input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1989 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Apples and oranges. What do you want to do?

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 04-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #3

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

they are both good guns if that's what you are into, if it were me I would go for the Beretta, I prefer a hammer and an ambi safety, I like the ability to fire accurately with single action yet have the double action capability if I need it, and the Beretta is accurate. I don't have a 92 I have a 96A1 which is the same thing only a 40 cal. I don't like striker fire pistols, at least not the Glock or XD, I never tried the Ruger or S&W or any other one, but I didn't like the feel of the Glock and I hated the trigger pull on it, also the no safety thing kinda bugs me even though I have revolvers and those don't have a real safety either. If you can't shoot them at least handle them and make sure you like the feel. Some don't like the grip on the 92, say its too big, It feels good to me. If you want it for CCW you may like the glock not having the safety its one less thing to deal with in a bad situation with a lot of pressure

Old 04-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Beretta 92 unless you're trying to save money. I don't know the price point of the glock off hand, but 92s are reliable guns with accuracy second only to a few models. You might want to look into a CZ 75, which is a bit more accurate and a fair bit cheaper. The grips also are a bit more comfortable (not that the Beretta is uncomfortable.)

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 04-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
Beretta 92 unless you're trying to save money. I don't know the price point of the glock off hand, but 92s are reliable guns with accuracy second only to a few models. You might want to look into a CZ 75, which is a bit more accurate and a fair bit cheaper. The grips also are a bit more comfortable (not that the Beretta is uncomfortable.)
are CZs actually known to be more accurate? I have not heard this before but I don't spend any time researching CZ. I know they have a little shorter barrel so I would have assumed the opposite.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's very hard to tell the difference unless you're a serious pro (not me), but I like them as an accuracy weapon better, but 92s are easier to modify, which is why I own a 92fs. If barrel length is the question, they recently released a long slide version.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Old 04-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #7

Ya, in order to say on is more accurate than the other it has to be shot off a rest by an "expert" shooter to try to take shooter error out of the equation, they have to be compared gun to gun not shooter to shooter.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm sure you wouldn't have an issue finding range reports for both. But as a whole, I think most people accept the CZ as the more accurate weapon. And cheaper.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I had more money when I bought my 92fs T-T.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #10

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Only those two choices? I'd have to go with the G19. The Beretta is bigger than it needs to be while the Glock compact is just about right.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.