Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Beretta 92 vs. Glock 19? Opinions? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/beretta-92-vs-glock-19-opinions-62000/)

Watkima 04-07-2012 12:06 AM

Beretta 92 vs. Glock 19? Opinions?

No place nearby to try them out before buying them. Would appreciate some input.

JTJ 04-07-2012 12:11 AM

Apples and oranges. What do you want to do?

blucoondawg 04-07-2012 12:13 AM

they are both good guns if that's what you are into, if it were me I would go for the Beretta, I prefer a hammer and an ambi safety, I like the ability to fire accurately with single action yet have the double action capability if I need it, and the Beretta is accurate. I don't have a 92 I have a 96A1 which is the same thing only a 40 cal. I don't like striker fire pistols, at least not the Glock or XD, I never tried the Ruger or S&W or any other one, but I didn't like the feel of the Glock and I hated the trigger pull on it, also the no safety thing kinda bugs me even though I have revolvers and those don't have a real safety either. If you can't shoot them at least handle them and make sure you like the feel. Some don't like the grip on the 92, say its too big, It feels good to me. If you want it for CCW you may like the glock not having the safety its one less thing to deal with in a bad situation with a lot of pressure

Kenney 04-07-2012 01:53 AM

Beretta 92 unless you're trying to save money. I don't know the price point of the glock off hand, but 92s are reliable guns with accuracy second only to a few models. You might want to look into a CZ 75, which is a bit more accurate and a fair bit cheaper. The grips also are a bit more comfortable (not that the Beretta is uncomfortable.)

blucoondawg 04-07-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenney (Post 764048)
Beretta 92 unless you're trying to save money. I don't know the price point of the glock off hand, but 92s are reliable guns with accuracy second only to a few models. You might want to look into a CZ 75, which is a bit more accurate and a fair bit cheaper. The grips also are a bit more comfortable (not that the Beretta is uncomfortable.)

are CZs actually known to be more accurate? I have not heard this before but I don't spend any time researching CZ. I know they have a little shorter barrel so I would have assumed the opposite.

Kenney 04-07-2012 02:12 AM

It's very hard to tell the difference unless you're a serious pro (not me), but I like them as an accuracy weapon better, but 92s are easier to modify, which is why I own a 92fs. If barrel length is the question, they recently released a long slide version.

blucoondawg 04-07-2012 02:15 AM

Ya, in order to say on is more accurate than the other it has to be shot off a rest by an "expert" shooter to try to take shooter error out of the equation, they have to be compared gun to gun not shooter to shooter.

Kenney 04-07-2012 02:28 AM

I'm sure you wouldn't have an issue finding range reports for both. But as a whole, I think most people accept the CZ as the more accurate weapon. And cheaper.

Kenney 04-07-2012 02:42 AM

I had more money when I bought my 92fs T-T.

Quentin 04-07-2012 05:23 AM

Only those two choices? I'd have to go with the G19. The Beretta is bigger than it needs to be while the Glock compact is just about right.