Beretta 90-two or M9A1? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 90-two or M9A1?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

MY apologies. You didn't come off in any negative way. I really was under the wrong impression about the pistol and there I was spouting off my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajastx View Post
Sorry it was not my intention to come off that way I just didn’t want SONF to think the 90Two was going to be the same weight as a polymer gun. It actually weighs a bit more than the PX4’s especially with 17 rounds in it.

I did find a holster that fits great and is a quality piece. Its a DeSaints holster.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Well to start off the 90-two is not a polymer frame just a single piece grip vs. the M9A1'a two piece. Second the reason why the M9A1 only 15 rounds is because they come with the sand resistant clips that are only offered in 15 round capacity’s. You could buy the 17 round standard clip or the PVD coated clip and they would work in the M9.
The 90-two is a polymer framed pistol. That is one of Beretta's little contributions to the polymer world. The magazines that comes with the M9/92-series Beretta's are just the traditional 15 round magazines they have been offering for years. If somebody at a gun store calls them "dust-resistant", it's just a gimmick to get you to buy. If the magazine has holes drilled in order to show your round count, it is not dust resistant by any means.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #13

I don't think they make an inside the pants holster for the 90-two due to its size, even if they did i doubt it would wear comfortably. However BLACKHAWK makes a paddle holster for the 90-two that ive heard good things about. And as far as the sights go they are interchangeable for beretta pistols.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #14

The 90two has an alloy frame, just like the M9/92FS.

For me, it's an improvement because of the steel recoil buffer installed in the frame, and the improved/larger sights.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
The 90-two is a polymer framed pistol. That is one of Beretta's little contributions to the polymer world. The magazines that comes with the M9/92-series Beretta's are just the traditional 15 round magazines they have been offering for years. If somebody at a gun store calls them "dust-resistant", it's just a gimmick to get you to buy. If the magazine has holes drilled in order to show your round count, it is not dust resistant by any means.
Well the 90Two that I have has an alloy frame. I have never personally seen a clip that comes with the M9A1 so I don't know if they have the round count holes, but is not the standard clip that comes with the 90Two. This is right from Beretta's site:

Item Number
JM9A115

This is the same magazine found on the M9A1 adopted by the USMC! Low-friction follower, special PVD coating and internal box geometry reduce friction and improves reliability in a sand environment. Applicability: All Model 92s, except Type-M and old Model 92 and 92S using a single stack magazine. Magazine Capacity: 15 Finish: Special PVD – Dark Grey Notice: Due to state laws, this magazine cannot be shipped to the following states: California, Hawaii, New York or Massachusetts. Please do not add this magazine to your shopping cart if you are having your order shipped to one of the above states, since the magazine will be removed from your shopping cart during the check out process.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I know I'm not going crazy...lol.

The only reason I say the 90-two frame is polymer is because I handled one at the local gun shop. I dismantled it and myself and one of the clerks did a comparison between the frame of the 90-two and the frame of a Glock and an HK. BTW, the 90-two frame was heavier.

Maybe I just dreamed it.......................

Old 04-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #17

hi there.so did you 90 two owners find a holster for it?any photos?i'm from Greece and i can't find a holster for it so i've postponed buying it.as a policeman i need a holster for the job.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #18

I have a DeSantis holster and it fits great and is comfortable to wear all day.
Here is a link to the web site:
http://www.desantisholster.com/

Old 10-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I can't help you much on the holster debate but what I can tell you is that I've shot both but I only ended up purchasing one of the two. The M9A1. I love it, and if two rounds is a big issue to you, then maybe the motto "one shot one kill" could be applied a little more.

Haha just kidding, but yeah I love mine, never had one problem with it, never jammed, the clip says it's sand resistant but I don't have any problem with sand in my mags regardless (but I'm stationed in Hawaii, what do I know? Lol). The sights are great as is, I wouldn't change them either.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:08 AM   #20

If you like the .40, why not go with the model 96?