Beretta 70S .380 Cal.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta 70S .380 Cal.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta 70S .380 Cal.

I just came into possession of my dad's old Beretta 70S and I'm having a hard time locating a couple of things and was wondering if anyone could help. I'm looking for an owner's manual and for some magazines. The magazines must be for the "Garcia" model importer or they won't work properly (the slide will jam). Does anyone have any suggestions? I've already tried Berettaweb.com, Berettaservices.com and a couple of other place that I can't even remember. I would appreciate your help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2010, 03:38 AM   #2

Never used them but these guys have them listed, I'd email them first though just to make sure the site is current...

Beretta 70s "Garcia" Gun Magazine

As for the manual I'd check ebay.

• Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once.
- Admiral Hornblower

• The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country.
- General Patton

• When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
- US Marine Corps

Old 07-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I do believe the website is still good.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

For the magazine check AMMOCLIP

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 07-21-2010, 10:40 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You are lucky indeed to get that gun.

Here's mine

They are wonderful guns and used by Mossad for their agents.

Read this article and you'll see just how cool that gun is.

Tactical-Life.com

I've been able to find 70's magazines at several websites.

Good luck with yours.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #6

Hi Don
Is yours imported by Garcia? From what I understand, magazines are hard to come by for these importers. Found some though. If you didn't know already, Garcia is actually Abu Garcia...The fishing reel company. The two big differences I noticed are that 1) only magazines made for the Garcia importers will work with the Garcia guns and 2) Behind the lever that brakes the gun down, the word "Disassembly" is written in Italian and all the other guns (that I know of) are in English. Also, if you're not as concerned about the monetary value of your gun and want to preserve it, check out Hard Chrome Plating & Electroless Nickel Plating, Armalloy & Gun Bluing by Mahovsky's Metalife
I plan on having my dads' gun redone with the Metalife process to preserve it. What do you think?