Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   beretta (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/beretta-11624/)

dcp1987 03-07-2009 01:53 AM

beretta

soo why do soo many people have a grudge/distaste for beretta guns.
I have a beretta m9-a1 and i absolutely love it.
its the most comfortable gun i've shot next to my 1911.
the only gripe i have is the decockers location on the slide.
so what do you like about berettas
what do you not like about berettas

SGT-MILLER 03-07-2009 03:15 AM

The Beretta design is a good design, but it's now dated.

To me, the sidearm is too bulky for being a 9mm. The slide mounted safety doesn't really bother me too much, so that isn't an issue.

The sidearm is about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for me. It's serviceable, and durable, but it's nothing really special.

dcp1987 03-07-2009 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 79288)
The Beretta design is a good design, but it's now dated.

To me, the sidearm is too bulky for being a 9mm. The slide mounted safety doesn't really bother me too much, so that isn't an issue.

The sidearm is about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for me. It's serviceable, and durable, but it's nothing really special.

yeah it is kinda bulky for a 9mm.
the only reason the slide mounted safety bothers me is that when i pull the slide back to cock the gun sometimes i hit it.

bajastx 03-08-2009 04:18 AM

I have often wondered why people have such distaste for Berettaís myself. I have recently purchased a 9mm 90Two and I could not be happier. During my search for my new 9mm I looked at Glocks, XDís, Sigís, and some Taurusís. I personally found the XD to be the most bulky/ cumbersome followed by the Glocks. Holding the XD is about like holding a 2x4, and as for the Taurus 24/7 it just felt cheap to me. Iím not the biggest fan of the polymer guns but a friend of mine has a PX4 Storm .40, and after shooting it made me double think the toy guns. After my Kimber it is by far my favorite pistol not to mention they have been manufacturing firearms for 483 years so there is no lack of experience. Maybe I just like out dated designs because I own both the Beretta and a 1911. Haha to each his own.

dcp1987 03-08-2009 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajastx (Post 79586)
I have often wondered why people have such distaste for Berettaís myself. I have recently purchased a 9mm 90Two and I could not be happier. During my search for my new 9mm I looked at Glocks, XDís, Sigís, and some Taurusís. I personally found the XD to be the most bulky/ cumbersome followed by the Glocks. Holding the XD is about like holding a 2x4, and as for the Taurus 24/7 it just felt cheap to me. Iím not the biggest fan of the polymer guns but a friend of mine has a PX4 Storm .40, and after shooting it made me double think the toy guns. After my Kimber it is by far my favorite pistol not to mention they have been manufacturing firearms for 483 years so there is no lack of experience. Maybe I just like out dated designs because I own both the Beretta and a 1911. Haha to each his own.

yeah i went through about the same thing
glocks, smith & wesson m&ps, and springfield XD's are all too blocky for me.i decided on a 92 or a m9 (same thing) and lucked up in finding a m9-a1 for a good price

Bigcat_hunter 03-08-2009 04:31 AM

I love Beretta. They make very reliable, quality firearms. There over/unders are a solid investment which hold and gain value. 92/96's are a time proven design. The new PX pistols are just as reliable with the option of double/single action. Of the many Beretta firearms I have owned the only complaint would be with the CX4 trigger(which can be fixed).

bajastx 03-08-2009 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcp1987 (Post 79587)
yeah i went through about the same thing
glocks, smith & wesson m&ps, and springfield XD's are all too blocky for me.i decided on a 92 or a m9 (same thing) and lucked up in finding a m9-a1 for a good price

I have put countless rounds thru my 90Two and I have never had one failure regardless what ammo I was using. The M9A1 is a sweet gun! I was going to get that one but my local dealer didnít have any and he was not even sure he could get one in a reasonable amount of time, so since the 90Two had the accessory rail I got that one. Do you have a holster for you M9A1?

dcp1987 03-08-2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajastx (Post 79592)
I have put countless rounds thru my 90Two and I have never had one failure regardless what ammo I was using. The M9A1 is a sweet gun! I was going to get that one but my local dealer didnít have any and he was not even sure he could get one in a reasonable amount of time, so since the 90Two had the accessory rail I got that one. Do you have a holster for you M9A1?

yeah i was looking at the standard m9 but they were going for around 550 and for 600 i could upgrade to the m9-a1 soo i thought why not. i don't have a holster yet im looking for one i like. im also thinking about doing some upgrades to it but i have no idea where to start.
any ideas?
i love my beretta I shoot it more than anything else. My dad is now jealous and is contemplating trading his S&W M&P in for a inox.

bajastx 03-08-2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcp1987 (Post 79597)
yeah i was looking at the standard m9 but they were going for around 550 and for 600 i could upgrade to the m9-a1 soo i thought why not. i don't have a holster yet im looking for one i like. im also thinking about doing some upgrades to it but i have no idea where to start.
any ideas?
i love my beretta I shoot it more than anything else. My dad is now jealous and is contemplating trading his S&W M&P in for a inox.

I had a hard time finding a holster for mine but ended up getting a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard holster. It fits great and the price was right,$65. As far as upgrades the only thing I was thinking about getting was a Stream Light / LASER combo but then my holster would not work so Iíll probably just put that money toward some more ammo.

DeSantis Holster & Leather Goods

dcp1987 03-08-2009 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajastx (Post 79605)
I had a hard time finding a holster for mine but ended up getting a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard holster. It fits great and the price was right,$65. As far as upgrades the only thing I was thinking about getting was a Stream Light / LASER combo but then my holster would not work so Iíll probably just put that money toward some more ammo.

DeSantis Holster & Leather Goods

i wonder if you could find a holster that would fit around a rail mounted light/lazer. Im thinking of getting the barrel nickel plated just cause it would look cool lol probly not though. if you want a lazer i know they make a nice set of lazer grips that would still work in your holster.