Begginer help - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Begginer help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 02:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 339 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by timrz View Post
Haha thanks for that picture. Gave me my answer AND made me laugh. Anyways, money isn't much of a factor for me so I was thinking about getting a nice H&K USP. I love how they look, and I tested one on the range today and it was amazing, well at least to my untrained self. Before I go ahead with it tho, is there any reasons anyone would not recommend this purchase? I thot the gun handled really good, but again, I don't know that much about guns.
If money is not a major factor, I would suggest trying a Sig P226/229 or Browning Hi-Power. I also think the CZ 75b offers similar shooting quality to those two for about 30% less money. I'd state this much about the three aformentioned guns: if they fit your hand well, they will maximize your abilities as a shooter. That's why I choose them. Strong performance at the range translates to heightened confidence and composure in the self-defense arena.

If you try some of these guns and still like the H&K, then by all means buy it. HK makes a darn good gun and the price is its only drawback. Perhaps only due to my own bias, I can't wrap my mind around spending much more than $600 on a polymer handgun. I chose the XDm BTW, but that's only a matter of preference. Glock, S&W, FN, Ruger, CZ, H&K, and several others offer some really solid polymer guns.

Last edited by sweeper22; 08-30-2011 at 02:24 AM.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #22

Thank you everyone, I got all the help I needed, and more! I'm still deciding which gun I'm gonna go with, but now I have enough info to make a good decision.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #23

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22

If money is not a major factor, I would suggest trying a Sig P226/229 or Browning Hi-Power. I also think the CZ 75b offers similar shooting quality to those two for about 30% less money. I'd state this much about the three aformentioned guns: if they fit your hand well, they will maximize your abilities as a shooter. That's why I choose them. Strong performance at the range translates to heightened confidence and composure in the self-defense arena.

If you try some of these guns and still like the H&K, then by all means buy it. HK makes a darn good gun and the price is its only drawback. Perhaps only due to my own bias, I can't wrap my mind around spending much more than $600 on a polymer handgun. I chose the XDm BTW, but that's only a matter of preference. Glock, S&W, FN, Ruger, CZ, H&K, and several others offer some really solid polymer guns.
I'm gonna back sweeper on this. Hk is about $1000.00 no matter how you go, and they are only the second best combat pistols. Sig is rated #1 and after buying 4 of them, I can see why. They cost less than HKs and will shoot them out of house and home. I've never owned Browning Hi Power but o have shot them, and they are extremely accurate. They will clean the center of a target easy.

HK IMO is over rated, the Navy SEALS even went to the Sig 226. a lot of LEO carry Sigs including the famous Texas Rangers.

If you're gonna go plastic go Glock or XD.