Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > before i buy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 04:47 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusUserPT92 View Post
I own the pt92 and must say they're not the best but definitely nice. The mags are a little crappy I switched to mec gar mags and they're much better than factory. Also it doesn't like all ammo had a couple ftfs with federal round nose fmj but found hollow points and flat nose cycle better
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Owned a PT-92 it ran like a clock, ate any 9mm ammo I fed it, good accuracy, had a couple of sharp spots on the controls which were easily taken care of, I like the reversible mag release (I'm a left handed shooter). All in all it was a nice pistol.
I don't think Taurus has a quality problem. They make a solid firearm. I think they have a consistency problem. Like with anything else, bad news travels fast and that hurts a reputation.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Like I said earlier I have no experience with them, I'm sure they have quality products. You always hear the negatives about things first.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I already went ahead and bought the Bersa earlier this evening. Pictures to follow when it shows up. And will most likely go tomorrow and pick up the pt92 unless by some miracle Academy has something I like more.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:16 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

YaY! range report! range.....report! gimme

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

They'll be coming soon. The bersa is on its way and I gotta get some 9mm before I can shoot the Taurus

Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #16

What ever u buy start picking up ammo when u can like gold hear in ga unless its 45 acp that stuff is everywhere beats me y

Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 312 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin5272 View Post
I've found a Taurus pt92 and Bersa thunder 380 for myself and my wife. Not exactly what I had my heart set on but meets all the criteria I had set forth in other posts. What do y'all think of them? The Bersa I have no reservations about, I have never seen a bad review on these guns. So really the Taurus is in question.
My father recently bought a bersa thunder 9mm sub compact. Great brand and the .380's are awesome from what I have heard. Honestly, I hate Taurus. They make decent revolvers though. I would go with the bersa and maybe get another .380. But definitely go with the bersa .380

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #18

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post

I don't think Taurus has a quality problem. They make a solid firearm. I think they have a consistency problem. Like with anything else, bad news travels fast and that hurts a reputation.
Lack of consistency IS a quality problem. I haven't come across a Taurus auto I liked EVER. Fit/finish problems abound throughout the line. Triggers suck nuts. It seems to me that Taurus owners should shoot higher quality brands like Ruger/Sig sauer/springfield/colt before they try to defend the indefensible. Then at least they would have an appreciation for quality craftsmanship.

As for the Bersa. Had a thunder 380 for 8 years as my wifes pistol. She hated manipulating the safeties. Got her an XDm and sold the Bersa. Bersa ran great till the mag springs got weak then the jam on the last 2 rounds of every mag started and sealed it's fate in my wifes eyes. She hated the trigger pull on that one also.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 AM   #19

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin5272
I've found a Taurus pt92 and Bersa thunder 380 for myself and my wife. Not exactly what I had my heart set on but meets all the criteria I had set forth in other posts. What do y'all think of them? The Bersa I have no reservations about, I have never seen a bad review on these guns. So really the Taurus is in question.
I'd say bersa for sure but I would recommend to save a few more dollars and get a kahr

Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #20

Liked 207 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 15

If your gun shops worth a darn way not ask them to find what you really want >> I would pass on the pt92 or a berreta. Heavy pistols and nothing special about ether.