before i buy!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > before i buy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default before i buy!

I've found a Taurus pt92 and Bersa thunder 380 for myself and my wife. Not exactly what I had my heart set on but meets all the criteria I had set forth in other posts. What do y'all think of them? The Bersa I have no reservations about, I have never seen a bad review on these guns. So really the Taurus is in question.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #2

Not sure bout the 92 but there mill pro is awful and dont every hear any good bout tarus as a whole so id do my hw b4 buy n

Old 02-19-2013, 03:58 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have most say the pt92 is an exception to the general poor quality. More looking for any owners and their experiences. Reviews only do so much. I do like that if there are issues Taurus has a good rep for standing behind their product and fixing foul ups

Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #4

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

I own the pt92 and must say they're not the best but definitely nice. The mags are a little crappy I switched to mec gar mags and they're much better than factory. Also it doesn't like all ammo had a couple ftfs with federal round nose fmj but found hollow points and flat nose cycle better

Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #5

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade777bec View Post
Not sure bout the 92 but there mill pro is awful and dont every hear any good bout tarus as a whole so id do my hw b4 buy n
I personally love Taurus, the smaller cheaper models have their flaws but when it comes to 92, 96 or 1911 they are good for the prices

Old 02-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 483 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 159

One of my favorite carry guns is my Bersa 380. It's a great gun. I'm leary of taurus autos, seen too many broken dreams at the range with folks trying to get them to work. That being said, it's a great looking gun, but for a few dollars more you could have the real deal. good luck

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
One of my favorite carry guns is my Bersa 380. It's a great gun. I'm leary of taurus autos, seen too many broken dreams at the range with folks trying to get them to work. That being said, it's a great looking gun, but for a few dollars more you could have the real deal. good luck
I agree, my mom has a bersa 380 that she loves. I'm skeptical about taurus autos. I'm sure their revolvers are plenty fine though.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #8

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Own a Basra thunder 380 myself and I love it the safety decocks the hammer so you can carry safety off hammer down or safety on hammer up I carry it both ways it's a great gun and is a great shooter I love the trigger pull

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 02-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

The Taurus is a tricky one. They're one of those manufactures when you'd be smart to check to make sure it wasn't manufactured on a friday afternoon. Best thing you can do with one is run a couple hundred rounds through it. If you've got no problems after that, chances are you won't in the future. In the end it comes down to good steel, engineering and craftsmanship. Taurus has the first two, the last can be hit and miss.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin5272 View Post
I have most say the pt92 is an exception to the general poor quality. More looking for any owners and their experiences. Reviews only do so much. I do like that if there are issues Taurus has a good rep for standing behind their product and fixing foul ups
Owned a PT-92 it ran like a clock, ate any 9mm ammo I fed it, good accuracy, had a couple of sharp spots on the controls which were easily taken care of, I like the reversible mag release (I'm a left handed shooter). All in all it was a nice pistol.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly