Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   before i buy! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/before-i-buy-84562/)

juststartin5272 02-19-2013 01:58 AM

before i buy!

I've found a Taurus pt92 and Bersa thunder 380 for myself and my wife. Not exactly what I had my heart set on but meets all the criteria I had set forth in other posts. What do y'all think of them? The Bersa I have no reservations about, I have never seen a bad review on these guns. So really the Taurus is in question.

blade777bec 02-19-2013 02:01 AM

Not sure bout the 92 but there mill pro is awful and dont every hear any good bout tarus as a whole so id do my hw b4 buy n

juststartin5272 02-19-2013 04:58 AM

I have most say the pt92 is an exception to the general poor quality. More looking for any owners and their experiences. Reviews only do so much. I do like that if there are issues Taurus has a good rep for standing behind their product and fixing foul ups

TaurusUserPT92 02-19-2013 05:02 AM

I own the pt92 and must say they're not the best but definitely nice. The mags are a little crappy I switched to mec gar mags and they're much better than factory. Also it doesn't like all ammo had a couple ftfs with federal round nose fmj but found hollow points and flat nose cycle better

bige91603 02-19-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade777bec (Post 1143561)
Not sure bout the 92 but there mill pro is awful and dont every hear any good bout tarus as a whole so id do my hw b4 buy n

I personally love Taurus, the smaller cheaper models have their flaws but when it comes to 92, 96 or 1911 they are good for the prices

gr8oldguy 02-19-2013 05:17 AM

One of my favorite carry guns is my Bersa 380. It's a great gun. I'm leary of taurus autos, seen too many broken dreams at the range with folks trying to get them to work. That being said, it's a great looking gun, but for a few dollars more you could have the real deal. good luck

95sniper 02-19-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8oldguy (Post 1143780)
One of my favorite carry guns is my Bersa 380. It's a great gun. I'm leary of taurus autos, seen too many broken dreams at the range with folks trying to get them to work. That being said, it's a great looking gun, but for a few dollars more you could have the real deal. good luck

I agree, my mom has a bersa 380 that she loves. I'm skeptical about taurus autos. I'm sure their revolvers are plenty fine though.

gearhead396 02-19-2013 05:29 AM

Own a Basra thunder 380 myself and I love it the safety decocks the hammer so you can carry safety off hammer down or safety on hammer up I carry it both ways it's a great gun and is a great shooter I love the trigger pull

Cattledog 02-19-2013 05:29 AM

The Taurus is a tricky one. They're one of those manufactures when you'd be smart to check to make sure it wasn't manufactured on a friday afternoon. Best thing you can do with one is run a couple hundred rounds through it. If you've got no problems after that, chances are you won't in the future. In the end it comes down to good steel, engineering and craftsmanship. Taurus has the first two, the last can be hit and miss.

DFlynt 02-19-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juststartin5272 (Post 1143761)
I have most say the pt92 is an exception to the general poor quality. More looking for any owners and their experiences. Reviews only do so much. I do like that if there are issues Taurus has a good rep for standing behind their product and fixing foul ups

Owned a PT-92 it ran like a clock, ate any 9mm ammo I fed it, good accuracy, had a couple of sharp spots on the controls which were easily taken care of, I like the reversible mag release (I'm a left handed shooter). All in all it was a nice pistol.