Ballistic Fingerprinting? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ballistic Fingerprinting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 11:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i have heard that tennessee is trying to pass legislation to have all bullets sold to have serial numbers and when you purchase ammo it will be registered to you. i heard they want to put this into law by 2011. i dont know if this is true or not as a buddy told me this and i have not checked any news to verify but i imagine this would lead to a spike in ammo theft.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2872 Times on 1496 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Micro stampinig politicians, LOL! I think Macro stamping would be better. Maybe branding across the forehead?

Just the kind of feel good legislation that does nothing to deter crime.

The issue with "Ballistic Fingerprinting" is the marks left on the case and bullet will change with time. As the gun wears in (or out) the characteristics will change. One could easily burr up the barrel with a rat tail file after comitting a crime or use fire lapping after the bullet is entered into the data base.