Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Baby Eagle? Reliable?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Baby Eagle? Reliable?

I know quite a bit about firearms. That is I thought I did until my brother came to me the other day asking me if a Baby Eagle (Jericho) is a reliable pistol. I couldn't answer him because I don't know anyone who owns one, nor have I heard anything about it. The only rumor I've heard about Baby Eagles is that if you get sand in them, they'll explode.

Anyone in the FTF own one? How's the reliability? My brother wants to buy one and I really don't know what to tell him.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My GF owns one in .40. She's a newer shooter and is very proficient with it. She's put a few hundred rounds through it with no failures whatsoever. And at least in .40, the weight of the gun holds down the muzzle a bit and reduces the snap that you normally get. It's a big gun, definatly not a baby.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:05 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

A gun made in the desert,that will KB if it gets sand in it. WOW! The only negative thing I've ever really heard about them is its hard getting factory work done.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 02-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Pretty much everything I've heard about this model is positive. A friend of mine has one and his has been great. No complaints about my turn behind the wheel of his gun.

It's something of a CZ 75 clone, but thicker through the slide/upper.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I had a baby eagle for a few years. I don't remember it ever having a failure of any kind. It was a reliable and accurate shooter.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

The only negatives I would say is there is limited area to grip the swlide to pull it back and safety on the slide.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5455 Times on 2847 Posts
Likes Given: 350

its a quality reliable cz75 clone. i would opt for the real thing and just get a cz75

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-05-2011, 02:10 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
its a quality reliable cz75 clone. i would opt for the real thing and just get a cz75
I love my compact .40. Not to rock the boat but you say it's a clone well yes but if you think about it most every gun is a clone of one type or another.

look at how many variants of the 1911 by lots of manufacturers to include variations(similar functions) in poly also.

The revolver more so as it is a revolver.
Just because a gun is copied after the "ORIGINAL" does not make it less and over the decades many have been improved.

Just my observations and opinion. No hatred intended.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:18 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5455 Times on 2847 Posts
Likes Given: 350

what i mean by clone is almost a direct copy. with enough cosmetic changes to avoid patent infringements. when companies copy something as unique as the cz75 its obvious. no other pistol is dissasembled quite like a cz75.

but the baby eagle isnt as good as the original. its also more expensive so your better off going with the original. that was my main point. its not a bad gun just not enough to warrant the price over a cz.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
what i mean by clone is almost a direct copy. with enough cosmetic changes to avoid patent infringements. when companies copy something as unique as the cz75 its obvious. no other pistol is dissasembled quite like a cz75.

but the baby eagle isnt as good as the original. its also more expensive so your better off going with the original. that was my main point. its not a bad gun just not enough to warrant the price over a cz.
OK I get your point. Thanks