Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Argentine HP vs FN HP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1060

Default Argentine HP vs FN HP

Just wondering how they compare. From what I know, the Argentine was made under license from FN. Are parts interchangeable?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I had an FM (Argentine) and it was a pretty nice gun. While I'm no expert or even real knowledgeable, from what I understand the primary difference is fit & finish. The FM's are painted and the finish is not real refined whereas the FN's are nearly works of art...

Old 09-21-2010, 04:43 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Dan, the FM's were excellent. Finish was military grade, but the guns were great. Parts do interchange with the Brownings that have the external extractor.

I'm currently down to one Belgian/Portugese HP, and wish I could find another FM.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-21-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1060

Check Southern Ohio Guns. I had to order a different gun for a customer, and for the S&G, I ordered the Argentine, too.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Check Southern Ohio Guns. I had to order a different gun for a customer, and for the S&G, I ordered the Argentine, too.
I need to wait for one private party, Dan. CA has "the list", and the FM is not on it. Gotta buy one already in the state, or one that someone brings in. They can't be shipped to an FFL here. Fine to transfer, just not send in.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had an Argentine FM and it was an outstanding pistol. You'll really like it and they are a good value.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams