AR pistol
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

AR pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 04:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts

Looking into building an AR pistol. Any advice? Any suggestions?

Want to go with a light pistol, thinking about a 11 1/2 inch barrel.

If you have any pictures of your own, show it off!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4416 Times on 2982 Posts
Likes Given: 2210

Start with a new receiver that has never been in a rifle. Honestly, even then you may find yourself in a bind one day trying to prove it to LE. Upgrading a factory pistol would give you a solid paperwork, but it's $$++ and not exactly building. You get my drift.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:15 AM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts

I hear ya. I found some lowers on impact guns that are stamped "pistol only", but It's not exactly what I want... I'll go talk to my local Sherif to get his input on the "pistol legalities".
Here in PA pistols do need to be registered, so that would be one way to have a paper trail of it originally being a pistol.

Of course.... Then it's registered..... But being a law abiding citizen means playing by the rules set forth... It would be so much easier to be a criminal...........