Anyone shoot a Kel-Tec PF9?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Anyone shoot a Kel-Tec PF9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Anyone shoot a Kel-Tec PF9?

I have read both good a bad reviews on this little gun, but no one has condemned it, just complained about the recoil. I'm looking to get one and would like a little more input first. Thanks for your opinions and experience.

Dave

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

My PF9 is my most carried gun. It hasn't jammed in 250 rounds. I like the trigger, don't find the recoil to be an issue, the sights are good and it's more accurate than you would expect it to be. That said, my lovely wife hates it. She somehow manages to hit the mag release and drop the magazine about every other round.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It will be my next purchase. My dad and I have been discussing it for some time, and he finally just went and bought one. After shooting his, I'm convinced. It will be my summer carry gun. The recoil is manageable and the extra peace of mind of 9mm vs. .380 won me over. Even my sister shot it and was fine with the recoil.

According to Gun Test magazine, the Kel-Tec beat the Ruger LC9 in a head-to-head test. I was very close to buying the Ruger, until I read that.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

My PF9 has been flawless through about 300rds. It handles hollowpoints just fine, and I think the recoil is pretty manageable. It's a cheapo feeling gun with a lousy trigger, but that's part of the design in an ultralight, affordable, and convenient carry gun. There are certainly nicer guns available in this size, but I think the PF9 is a reliable bargain at about $280.

I can quickly empty a magazine of JHPs into a 1ft x 1ft target at 10yards, and that suits my needs for this type of gun.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:21 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have around 1000 rounds through mine. Never a hiccup. I carry it daily. I will buy another one as soon as I can.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #6

I have one of the older PF9's. It had the old barrel in it that tended to jam. Mine jammed occasionally, so I sent it in when I found out keltec was replacing the barrel. I got the new barrel over a year ago, and the gun has worked perfectly ever since. I really love the PF9, and carry it 90% of the time over my LCP .380 & Glock G27. Great size, weight, & is really slim. The trigger takes some getting use to, but if you draw it up about 2/3 of the way back then aim & pull it the rest of the way then this little gun is quite accurate.