Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Anyone own a Walther P99 AS 9mm? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/anyone-own-walther-p99-9mm-93691/)

HeatSpitta510 07-10-2013 03:48 PM

Anyone own a Walther P99 AS 9mm?

The more I research this pistol the more I want one...looking for feedback on this firearm.

Trombo1 07-29-2013 01:39 PM

I own this clone ( MR9-15-Round ) and I am more than happy with it!

robocop10mm 08-05-2013 12:50 AM

HMMM. I did not know MR was partnered with Walther on this project. I bought two S&W 99's for my lefty wife a while back. A full size and a compact. Both are .40's. To set her up with a 9mm in the same platform looks interesting.

GonzoGeezer 08-05-2013 02:17 AM

Walther supplies the frames, MR the slides and barrels. Assembled in the US.

Does the MR have the AS trigger of the P99 or the SA trigger if the PPQ?

mountainman13 08-05-2013 02:34 AM

The as has a single/double action trigger.
I had the compact. It was a great gun, accurate and reliable.
The thing that I have found is many people cannot get used to the trigger. They generally either want a single action or a double action. Not a gun that switches.
The gun is basically a glock with a bunch of bells and whistles added on.
Try before you buy. It is an expensive gun. I paid nearly $1000 for mine. I sold it for $600. The guy that bought it couldn't get used to the trigger and sold it a month later for Maybe $500.

HeatSpitta510 08-05-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
The thing that I have found is many people cannot get used to the trigger. They generally either want a single action or a double action. Not a gun that switches.
Try before you buy. It is an expensive gun. I paid nearly $1000 for mine. I sold it for $600. The guy that bought it couldn't get used to the trigger and sold it a month later for Maybe $500.

My Sig p229 is a single action double action..I seen the p99 as pistols for sale online brand new (but out of stock) ) with $589-$600 price tags ..I ended up buying a gen4 glock 19...lovin it so far

drvsafe 08-18-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13

My p229 has an SA/DA trigger and it doesn't switch between them. First pull is da the rest are SA simple as that. It takes about as much time to get used to that as it takes to get used to not having to drop a safety before firing.

mountainman13 08-18-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe (Post 1339181)

My p229 has an SA/DA trigger and it doesn't switch between them. First pull is da the rest are SA simple as that. It takes about as much time to get used to that as it takes to get used to not having to drop a safety before firing.

I loved it. You can even give the slide on the p99 a 1/3 pull back and go right to double action on the first shot.