Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Anyone Own a Ruger LC9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts

Default Anyone Own a Ruger LC9

Hi Folks,
When it comes to semi-autos I'm a Sig guy, have multiples and love them all. Living in the greater Phoenix area, I am looking for a "Monsoon Pistol". For those of you not familiar with monsoon in this area, it means Hot and Humid.
The less you wear the more comfortable you are. I own several Ruger revolvers and never bought one that I wasn't happy with, so I saw the new Ruger LC9 recently and found it to be a good pocket piece. I prefer not to go smaller than the 9mm, although I have a S&W Sigma 380 that I sometimes carry.
Anyone have any comments or reviews on the LC9? My local range doesn't have one available at this time and I have heard they are not plentiful, hence my need for input.
Thanks!

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #2

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

I just bought one Monday,plan on shooting it tomorrow.I generally OC when on the bike,hence a much larger weapon,but have carried a LCP as a back up for several years.It is a bit heavier,and really fills out a front pocket.I'll let ya know how she shoots tomorrow.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Guy named Nutnfancy did a great review of the LC9 on youtube... Look it up!

Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts

Thanks, there are multiple range reports at Youtube.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:02 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've had mine a couple of months and am very happy with it.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #6

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

I've had mine for a month now and bought it for the same reason as you....love it. I carry in my pocket w/the desantis Nemesis pocket holster. It does a good job of breaking up the outline of the gun and when you draw, the holster stays in your pocket. I've shot about 200 rounds so far w/absolutely no problems whatsoever. Highly thinking about disconnecting the magazine safety though. I was a little hesitant about buying it b/c most of the Ruger semi-autos I've shot the action feels sloppy.....but this one is solid. Enjoy!

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy