Anyone know what kind of handgun this is? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Anyone know what kind of handgun this is?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

What was the movie? This looks like a beretta but may be from the Hollywood propshop.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Seeing as we are on this topic.

What is this gun and where can I buy it? I think it would work really good for deer hunting.
Attachment 5397
That is from Aliens....gotta love that movie :-)

Old 08-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2744 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

It looks like a frankenstein conglomeration of CZ-75/EAA Witness frame w/Beretta 92/Taurus PT-99 based slide and comp added. Custom. Not likely intended for live ammo, only blanks.

The mag is not 1911. More likely S&W 39ish or single stack 9mm.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #14

Turns out the handgun in question is a Llama M-82 with compensator & extended magazine release.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #15

Hi I am new here... first post...

Gotta clear this one up. Handgun in the first picture is a Taurus PT92/99 with a nicely fitted compensator, not a Beretta or Lama. If you look closely at the safety you will see it is on the frame not the slide.

The ONLY real difference between a Beretta and Taurus pistol is the position of the safety and the magazine release notch on the magazines is a tad smaller, which make for easy modification of the magazine to accept both pistols. My professional and personal experience is that Taurus is the better of the two firearms.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #16

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAEGER View Post

Gotta clear this one up. Handgun in the first picture is a Taurus PT92/99 with a nicely fitted compensator, not a Beretta or Lama. If you look closely at the safety you will see it is on the frame not the slide.

The ONLY real difference between a Beretta and Taurus pistol is the position of the safety and the magazine release notch on the magazines is a tad smaller, which make for easy modification of the magazine to accept both pistols. My professional and personal experience is that Taurus is the better of the two firearms.
Sorry, I've been around guns a long time and the Taurus PT92 series of guns have an open slide just like the Beretta's. I've owned multiples of the Taurus and Beretta of this type so this is not speculation on my part. You state this as absolute fact so please show us proof that Taurus has ever made a closed slide PT 92. Also, while I prefer the frame mounted safety on the Taurus version, there is no way a Taurus is a "better" gun than a Beretta...

It's a movie gun so it's probably something made by the prop department...

Last edited by NGIB; 11-24-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #17

Quote:

Gotta clear this one up.

My professional and personal experience is that Taurus is the better of the two firearms.
Mind filling us in on where your professional experience is coming from? Neither Pt-92 (used to own one) nor the 99 were made with closed slides.

Cheers

GCA Member and NRA Life Member

Old 11-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #18

That has nothing on some of the Beretta's with compensators shown on this gun photo thread.
Beretta Handgun picture thread - Page 211 - Beretta Forum

Old 11-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #19

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Main Page - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

to ID just about any gun in any movie

Old 11-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #20

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Fix that... please go and post some on the intro section of the forum... don't start with left foot.

Quote:
It's a Llama, that is a fact, a Llama M87, it's the sporting version of the Llama M82...
Llama M82:

Llama M87:

Regards.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 11-24-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Add another pic...