Anyone know about the Sig P250
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Anyone know about the Sig P250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Anyone know about the Sig P250

State Trooper friend was recently issued a 9mm P250 Compact as a concealed carry piece, and I liked it so I started taking a look at them.

My question is where do you find all the different configuration pieces? They market the ability to configure these guns, but you go to the store and they have the compact model in the case and don't know anything about other parts.

What gives?

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #2

I think their production is pretty tied up for now. I've had a P250 Compact in 9mm for a while and waiting for some "conversion" pieces to be available.
In the meantime, I bought another in .45 (!).
Presumably, the supply of everything will eventually catch up with demand and we'll be able to get spare barrels, etc. on short order.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeymike View Post
I think their production is pretty tied up for now. I've had a P250 Compact in 9mm for a while and waiting for some "conversion" pieces to be available.
In the meantime, I bought another in .45 (!).
Presumably, the supply of everything will eventually catch up with demand and we'll be able to get spare barrels, etc. on short order.
I have a question about the modularity of the SIG P250 can all of the calibers be interchanged between all of the frames. I have heard that the .45acp can't be exchanged with the P250 compact or subcompact frame. Is this why you purchased another one in .45 acp WhiskeyMike?

Thanks for any info. I am going to break down and purchase a polymer gun. I think it would be great to purchase a gun practice mainly with the 9mm round and let the wife shoot it as well and switch to a .45acp round for concealed carry. I wanted to make sure that it was possible with the Sig 250 to achieve this or would I have to go to the full sized frame?

Old 07-17-2009, 03:57 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I looked at the P250 last year, but found that I could buy 2 weapons for the price of 1.5, and could have them within a year. It's a niche thing, not worth the expense or the aggravation.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #5

Default Sig P250

The P250 Sig is modular due to its trigger group. You can pull the trigger group out and placed in the sup-compact, compact, and full size frame platforms. The lowers can be bought for as little as $40.00. The lowers come in 2 sizes per platform, 9mm, 40 cal, 357 Sig and the 45 ACP. The first three calibers fit in one lower and the 45 ACP is a different size lower. They have Caliber X-change kits that come with barrel, recoil spring, magazine, and slide for $369.00. They have all four calibers per platform. You can purchase these accessories online, you just got to look and since they are not a complete gun you can have them shipped directly to your house instead of a FFL dealer. I hope this helps.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #6

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Hmmm I was also interested in those but I have a friend who works for an initial-bearing agency that says if you mod those things they are crap. COMPLETELY my Hersay but I'd at least google it first

In god we trust, all others we monitor...