Anyone know about the ATI CS9?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Anyone know about the ATI CS9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anyone know about the ATI CS9?

I can't find much info or reviews. Cool looking gun with a ported barrel

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 AM   #2

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Never seen it until now. Looks gimmicky to me, but hey if it shoots and you like it, get er done.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #3

Liked 263 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Not sure what you will pay for the ATI but the S&W SD9VE can be bought for less than 300 dollars and would be a better buy with a american company behind it . If you going to CC a KT p11 also is around 250 dollars and not a range gun but real good carry gun.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #4

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1254

Not sure why a ported barrel would be needed for a 9mm. Looks like a large enough gun to get a good grip.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #5

The ATI CS9 is a very well made gun imported from Turkey. Imported by American Tactical Imports in New York, made by Tisas and/or Trabzon in Turkey. As I understand it, this brand of gun is the standard issue for the Turkish military and law enforcement.
I bought the gun on clearance at a local gun dealer. I was initially there to buy a Springfield XD, but was drawn to this gun for several reasons -
All metal - The frame and slide are all metal. The only plastic is the grip and the Plus 2 adapter of the Mec-Gar mag..which is the second thing that attracted me. The magazine holds 20 rounds with the adapter.
Third, the ported barrel. Fourth, double action with de-cocker.
Fifth, accessory rail. Sixth, the price.. I paid $289.
It is a solid, smooth shooting gun with a good grip. Compared to other 9mm guns I have shot (such as Ruger, Taurus), it is very much more accurate. I would recommend this gun to anyone.
The downside - Replacement magazines. I have yet to find a replacement mag. I have contacted Mec-Gar and they said I would need to contact the manufacturer or distributor for replacement mags. Nothing yet. I did discover that the mag tube is identical to the Sig P226. However, the retainer slot is in a different place and won't quite work. I was able to rack a few rounds by holding it in while working the action.
Another downside, holsters. Generic holsters are fine, but molded plastic or leather are hard to find without having one custom made. I found that the Blackhawk open top leather holster for the XD fits well and the Blackhawk Serpa for the Sig P228 works great too.
Overall great gun.
One other note - There is actually a factory fully automatic version of this gun. I've only seen videos and I'm not sure if it is available in the US..
Happy Shooting

Last edited by Hammerd; 12-27-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #6

Liked 263 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 25

This pistol and the company is only 9 years old and lots of hype as to selling to various police and military is really used buy only a few security companies . The cs9 must be a export only pistol as not shown on TISAS web site.

Sarsilmaz K2 used buy the Turkish armed forces for officers and a MKEK copy of the berreta licenced model 92 for the inlisted

Old 12-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #7

@hardluk1
You wont find the name "CS9" on the Tisas website due to it being named by the importer, American Tactical Imports. I think you are correct about the military use. I read some history on http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/tr/zigana-e.html and there was indication of some use by military, but there was no discussion of anything "standard issue".
On the Tisas website http://www.trabzonsilah.com, this particular gun is labeled as the Zigana T, K or Sport models, all with slightly different variations.
You can see a video of the full auto version of this gun here -

Old 12-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #8

Here is a formal review of a the FS9 which is the same gun, just slightly longer http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109455

Here is a forum thread with some reviews - http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174209

Last edited by Hammerd; 12-27-2012 at 07:49 PM.