Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Anyone have an M&P22?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Default Anyone have an M&P22?

I bought my first pistol about six months ago, an M&P9. I like it, it is what I wanted. But as many of you know, it can get pricey throwing lead down range. I have thought about getting a .22 to be able to spend more time punching paper. I got real excited last week to see that Smith & Wesson have brought out a .22 in the M&P pistol platform.

Has anyone had the opportunity to shoot this particular pistol? What are your impressions? Is it worth almost $400 for a .22 semi-auto?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDbeej View Post
I bought my first pistol about six months ago, an M&P9. I like it, it is what I wanted. But as many of you know, it can get pricey throwing lead down range. I have thought about getting a .22 to be able to spend more time punching paper. I got real excited last week to see that Smith & Wesson have brought out a .22 in the M&P pistol platform.

Has anyone had the opportunity to shoot this particular pistol? What are your impressions? Is it worth almost $400 for a .22 semi-auto?
I haven't shot it but I heard some good things about it and plus it's Made In America so I don't think you can go wrong. My M&P9c is a great little pistol and I wouldn't see Smith and Wesson doing anything less with their 22 version.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #3

Looked at one today. It was priced around $240.00. Did not like how it felt in my hand.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1997 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 716

I'm sure the quality will be right up there with the rest of their M&P line. If you like the way it fits in your hand, it will probably suit you well.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 10-30-2011, 03:28 AM   #5

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpowers311 View Post
Looked at one today. It was priced around $240.00. Did not like how it felt in my hand.
May I ask where? My LGD has it listed at $395. S&W has it at a little over $400.

Was it NIB or used?

Last edited by WDbeej; 10-30-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: spelling...again

Old 10-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #6

buds and gilberts gun stores online have them listed in the $230.00's.

After looking again it is the smith & wesson 22 not m&p 22.
Sorry I saw your post before I went to several gun stores and handle so many guns looking for the "one" that I did not notice it was just a S&W.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #7

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDbeej View Post
May I ask where? My LGD has it listed at $395. S&W has it at a little over $400.

Was it NIB or used?

Did you ask him for a better deal? Sometimes just paying cash will get you a discount. It isn't always true, but just rule of thumb I figure 80% of MSRP to get an idea of what to offer. In this case, it'd put you at about $335, so he's not that far off & if you allow him a few $$ for his freight, he might take $350.

If you've done business with them in the past & like their customer service, it's worth a few dollars more, rather than getting a rock bottom price from an on-line seller.