Anyone have an Erme-Werke 68A? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Anyone have an Erme-Werke 68A?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
I shot the pistol, and even though it shot alright, it seems to have some problems. Think I'll have it checked out by a local gunsmith I know. Basically the magazine ejection and inserting the mag to begin with just doesn't seem right, should be much easier and more fluid. I'd hate to get caught in a situation where I had to rely on the gun because by the time you got the mag in and cocked, you'd be dead.
So it's like what, a tight fit? Do you think the metal of the mag could've swelled over time slightly? I'm not too versed here, just tossing out layman ideas. I'm glad it shot well enough sounds like of all things that could go wrong a rough mag is the least problematic, no? Keep up posted man, I'm really curious about this thing.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:06 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Well, I thought the same thing you know, but looking at the mag it seems to be in perfect condition. Not bent, not twisted, swelled or anything like that. I can only assume it fits that tight, or there is something inside the magazine chamber I'm not seeing... I love the gun, it feels great in my hand and seems to work fine after you actually get the mag in. It just sucks that it's that hard to get in or eject. But like I said, think I'll have the gunsmith look at it, he likes a challenge.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #13

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Well, I thought the same thing you know, but looking at the mag it seems to be in perfect condition. Not bent, not twisted, swelled or anything like that. I can only assume it fits that tight, or there is something inside the magazine chamber I'm not seeing... I love the gun, it feels great in my hand and seems to work fine after you actually get the mag in. It just sucks that it's that hard to get in or eject. But like I said, think I'll have the gunsmith look at it, he likes a challenge.
Most of us tinkerers do. Well keep the thread updated, I'm watching.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #14

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ask c3 bout it. He probably knows all bout it.....definately more than I do. I know they make a good gun that's pretty accurate and are a dang good convo piece