Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Any Ruger MRK III Owners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Any Ruger MRK III Owners?

I just purchased a new Mrk II and I can't wait to get it. I was looking for a target firearm to use in addition to my two 9mm. Ammo is so high and I love to shoot so I wanted an something to do additional training with.

Any opinions on it?

Sorry I just noticed I posted I posted in the rifle section.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Moved her for ya'.

Drop any of us mods a PM if you need help with something like that.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:46 AM   #3

Mk II or Mk III? Title says III, but post says II. Either way, I have a Mk III Target and love it. I bought it about 3 weeks ago and probably have close to 1000 rounds through it already. I freakin' love it.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:57 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

A friend had a Mk I back in the day. It had a nasty habit of slam firing or something. One pull of the trigger would result in a draining of the magazine.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a few mk2s and consider them (after trigger work) among the VERY best .22 pistols on the market. The mk3 has the goofy magazine disconnect safety but is easy to chuck. My nephew bought a mk3 and after studying it for a bit, I went to a part bin and got a mk2 hammer. All we had to do was chuck the disconnect safety & it's spring, keeping pivot tube that goes through the hammer. Now you have effectively retrofitted it back to mk2 without that darn magazine safety but still retain the loaded chamber indicator. The best hammers to replace with are Clark & Volquartson for optimum pull reduction and still being 100% reliable and safe.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:53 AM   #6

I got a Mark III a few weeks ago and have put over 700 rounds through it. I love it. It's so cheap to shoot, you can't go wrong. Enjoy your gun.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #7

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

I have a MK II 678GC and MK III 512 and MK III 678Hunter. I like all of them, but in the process of dialing them for myself they received a few mods.

The MK II has a VQ sear, Marvel trigger, VQ rear sight, checkered wood grips and a VQ mag release, rounded to form a nice paddle. I put an Ultradot LT holosight on it and it is super accurate.

The MK IIIs have gotten similar work: a MK II VQ hammer and sear to eliminate the mag safety, a Marvel trigger, checkered wood grips, VQ rear sight, black post front sight on the Hunter and I drilled and tapped the mag release button and installed a 1911 mag release extension.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default love it

Got one a few months back shot a couple boxes(Federal 550 econo) with no failures of any sort and it's extremely accurate disassembly is an aquired art first couple times you'll cuss it but once you get the hang of it its very simple [/IMG]