Any reviews on the Taurus P111
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Any reviews on the Taurus P111

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Any reviews on the Taurus P111

I am looking for reports good or bad for the Taurus 111 Millennium series. Most people really like them but I have found a few horror stories which can be found with any gun. Thanks for your info guys. I am looking to buy this for my concealed gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post
I am looking for reports good or bad for the Taurus 111 Millennium series. Most people really like them but I have found a few horror stories which can be found with any gun. Thanks for your info guys. I am looking to buy this for my concealed gun.
I have owned two of them. i never had one issue with them. there pretty accurate for its size. but you got to get use to the sites. are you gonna get the pt 111 mill pro or the regular version?

Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #3

I was looking to get the pt 111 mill pro. But I am debating if I should just spend the extra few bucks and get the 40 Cal. instead of the 9mm. My friend says I am an idiot for going with a 9mm. I know he isn't correct but I still wouldn't mind going with the 40 cal since that is what my S&W is. Looks like the rounds are running about the same for 40 and 9mm for now.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post
I was looking to get the pt 111 mill pro. But I am debating if I should just spend the extra few bucks and get the 40 Cal. instead of the 9mm. My friend says I am an idiot for going with a 9mm. I know he isn't correct but I still wouldn't mind going with the 40 cal since that is what my S&W is. Looks like the rounds are running about the same for 40 and 9mm for now.
go with what your use to shooting . guns and calibers are like cars. some people love certain brands and engine sizes. to me any bullet is better then no bullet

Old 03-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #5

Default PT111 Mill Pro

Bought a mill pro PT111 this year for my girl as a ccw gun. It's hers but I also get range time with it. The only issue was 1 of the mags that came with it had a weak spring and was causing some feed issues and failure to lock back. Contacted customer service and they said to return the mag and sent a new one out, no charge. It shoots well and accurate for its size.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #6

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmarcinko View Post
Hi. New here. Need my ten posts.
Why do you need 10 posts so much you'd resurrect a long dead thread?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I see that this is a zombie thread, but I just thought I'd give a little info about the Millennium series.
They seem to be good, reliable shooters, BUT be very careful when field stripping.
If you accidentally pull the slide back after you've pulled the takedown pin and pulled the trigger, the slide will lock in place and you will have to take it to a gunsmith to get it fixed.
This is the reason I will not buy any Millennium series.