Any problems with ruger p95 or s&w Sd
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Any problems with ruger p95 or s&w Sd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Any problems with ruger p95 or s&w Sd

Which would you guys recommend as an all the time pistol. If u guys have one of the two give your thoughts and stories please.

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does. XD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #2

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem870forever
Which would you guys recommend as an all the time pistol. If u guys have one of the two give your thoughts and stories please.
I own the p95!! Great shooter!! Heavy and bulky makes the recoil next to nothing!! The gun hardly moves when fired!! Also very reasonably priced, I've seen them for as low as 320 new!! However, I found it is a bit to big and bulky to carry comfortably!! I suppose the right holster and the right clothes you could make it work!! I chose to carry something a bit smaller with the same capacity and smoothness to shoot(glock19) but p95 is a great gun to have around!! Just not to friendly carry for me!! The Smith u mentioned, I know nothing about!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Polymer frame vs metal.
Not knowing what you plan to do with it.
Self defense, home defense, target, plinking, hunting?
Are you looking at 9mm for both? How available is ammo in your area?
Are those your only choices?

Please provide more info.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
I own the p95!! Great shooter!! Heavy and bulky makes the recoil next to nothing!! The gun hardly moves when fired!! Also very reasonably priced, I've seen them for as low as 320 new!! However, I found it is a bit to big and bulky to carry comfortably!! I suppose the right holster and the right clothes you could make it work!! I chose to carry something a bit smaller with the same capacity and smoothness to shoot(glock19) but p95 is a great gun to have around!! Just not to friendly carry for me!! The Smith u mentioned, I know nothing about!
I also own the p95(bought new in 96) and the G19 and agree with your comment on the Rugers weight. I will say that in all these years at the range the p95 has produced flawlessly.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #5

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodeman

I also own the p95(bought new in 96) and the G19 and agree with your comment on the Rugers weight. I will say that in all these years at the range the p95 has produced flawlessly.
Yes that 95 is a tank!! The difference in the size of glock and the Ruger is just enough to make the glock much more "carry friendly" plus the weight difference!! I don't own many guns but I like to carry the ones I own!! I love guns, but don't have the money to collect guns for the sake of collecting dust in a safe!! Guns is a tool for me for protection to make my word a little more comfortable!! So I will probably be getting rid of my 95 soon, I have my eyes on the new SR45, great looking little subcompact 45, one of the smallest I've seen in 45.caliber! Been reading some great reviews on this gun!

Old 07-29-2013, 03:10 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nothing about the s&w Sd.anybody?

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does. XD

Old 07-29-2013, 05:05 AM   #7
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

I'm going to be joining (already signed up) a State Wide Volunteer LE organization(my wife is also BTW).
I'm down to either the P95 Or my 92 for Carry when in uniform.
I lost enough weight that I think a uni will fit me (again)....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem870forever
Nothing about the s&w Sd.anybody?
I've heard good things about their newer offerings. No personal experience with them, though.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

I have my eyes on the new SR45, great looking little subcompact 45, one of the smallest I've seen in 45.caliber! Been reading some great reviews on this gun!
You want a small 45 go for the XDs in 45. Tiny little thing. Limited capacity, though.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1586 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 546

I have a Ruger P95 I really like. I wouldn't trade it for a Glock. The P95 is one of the few semi auto's that have a large enough stock to fit my hand.

People say the P95 is hard to carry but I have no problems at all carrying the P95. I can actually put it in the pockets of my work pants. Otherwise, I can carry it in a belly band holster. A six inch belly band holster kills two birds with one stone. First, it's a great back support. Second I can position the gun any way I want. If I have to drive 600 miles today the belly band will slide around so I can carry my gun in a crossdraw position so it won't get tangled in the seat belts. The next day I need to shop that is no problem for the belly band either. I just position it like a normal IWB holster and my gun is concealed.

I also have a 3 slot pancake holster that works really well with the P95 when I am out of the truck.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato