Are the any double stack, 10mm, 1911 mags out there? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Are the any double stack, 10mm, 1911 mags out there?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 796
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
No, the Delta Elite is not available in a double stack. And for that matter, there is no such thing as a double stack 1911 magazine. I've said it before, but bears repeating: 1911=single stack, 2011=double stack.

To the OP - if you are wanting to use a Para frame or something with your Gold Cup slide, you will no longer have a "true" Gold Cup. You'll have a Frankenstein gun that you can call a Para Cup. If you have a budget of $5k, why don't you have an actual 2011 race gun built in 10mm? Chances are you'll end up with a much better gun than trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole with your Para Cup idea.
But I like my Para Cup! Plus, I would much rather spend like half that if I could. Thanks for the input, it's alright if I get Para Cup engraved on it right? Or maybe it should be Gold Para? Well anyways, I am well aware that this firearm would not be extremely practical, but that's the point
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 6,982
Liked 2657 Times on 1448 Posts
Likes Given: 759

Default

Para-ordinance makes double stack 1911's.

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,301
Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

Then you also run into mating issues with the slide and frame of two different manufacturers, not to mention a single stack slide on a double stack frame. Slides and frames aren't interchangeable. The slide may be a little longer than the frame and hang off the backside or might be shorter and stop before the end of the frame. Not saying there's anything wrong with your idea, but i have a feeling you'll be spending a lot of money and it's going to take a good smith to turned out what you're wanting that doesn't look like its been "bubba'd" by some DIY gunsmith.

For half of the budget even, $2500, you can still get a really nice double stack SVI gun in 10mm. Have you been to the SVI/STI website?

__________________
Olympus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 796
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
Then you also run into mating issues with the slide and frame of two different manufacturers, not to mention a single stack slide on a double stack frame. Slides and frames aren't interchangeable. The slide may be a little longer than the frame and hang off the backside or might be shorter and stop before the end of the frame. Not saying there's anything wrong with your idea, but i have a feeling you'll be spending a lot of money and it's going to take a good smith to turned out what you're wanting that doesn't look like its been "bubba'd" by some DIY gunsmith.

For half of the budget even, $2500, you can still get a really nice double stack SVI gun in 10mm. Have you been to the SVI/STI website?
Some very nice firearms there, and every bit of input is greatly appreciated ( by the way, thanks for playing devils advocate and not being like some people) but the idea behind this whole thing is to have a one and only firearm. I will definitely have to consult with the gunsmith to see if he can pull it off..
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,301
Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

I completely understand. I'm not just playing devils advocate, I'm speaking from experience too.

I wanted the exact same thing several years ago in terms of designing and building my own, one of a kind benchrest rifle based on a Mauser action that would shoot dime size groups at 100 yards all day long. It took me several years to complete and I hate to think how much money I sank into that gun. I got exactly what I wanted, but it costs me. I haven't shot that gun in years and because it's completely custom, there's no chance at recouping even half of the money i spend on it. It just takes up a lot of room in my safe now. If I had it to do over again, I would not have taken on the project. I wish I would have spent the money on something else.

__________________
Olympus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
For half of the budget even, $2500, you can still get a really nice double stack SVI gun in 10mm. Have you been to the SVI/STI website?
Or buy about four glock 20's and some stickers for them for that much.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 796
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Or buy about four glock 20's and some stickers for them for that much.
Yeah I could very well buy a glock, but what is prettier, a Gold Cup Or a Glock?
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3482 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
Yeah I could very well buy a glock, but what is prettier, a Gold Cup Or a Glock?
Is that even really a question? You could have asked what is prettier a geoduck or a Glock and the Glock would still lose.
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
orangello Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Txhillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,607
Liked 1284 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 613

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
No, the Delta Elite is not available in a double stack. And for that matter, there is no such thing as a double stack 1911 magazine. I've said it before, but bears repeating: 1911=single stack, 2011=double stack.
That's funny,I happen to have 2 wide body 1911's. A Springfield Armory,and a Para Ordnance Tac Four.The Springfield is a 14+1,and the Para is a 12+1 double stack mag.

__________________
Txhillbilly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 796
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

Is that even really a question? You could have asked what is prettier a geoduck or a Glock and the Glock would still lose.
Yeah, I think glocks are prettier than hi points though. I love glocks but they aren't the kind of guns to have in a glass case and have people "ooh and aww" at.
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Single Stack vs. Double Stack 1911's AFerree 1911 Forum 8 08-05-2012 06:33 PM
double stack 1911 kryptar19 1911 Forum 16 03-13-2012 10:24 PM
Thoughts about STI Double Stack? BarryNiven 1911 Forum 5 12-26-2011 01:15 PM
.460 Rowland - Double Stack Possible? ccginc DIY Projects 27 08-10-2009 10:29 PM
single stack to double herp_man2003 AK & SKS Discussion 6 05-20-2009 04:57 AM