Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Are the any double stack, 10mm, 1911 mags out there? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/any-double-stack-10mm-1911-mags-out-there-71331/)

RustyShackleford101 08-29-2012 12:17 AM

Are the any double stack, 10mm, 1911 mags out there?

Was just wondering if anybody has ever come across one, and how much it cost. I would really love to have a custom job done of a 10 mm double stack 1911 in the future. Thanks.

mountainman13 08-29-2012 12:18 AM

My glock carries 15+1 ;p

Dillinger 08-29-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 919469)
My glock carries 15+1 ;p

Yeah. But it's still a Glock. So basically, you are taking your best looking sister to prom. :rolleyes: :p

The STI "Perfect 10" is the only 10MM double stack that I know of off the top of my head. I believe they had a 17+1 magazine option, but I don't know if you can order them with the gun. :confused:

RustyShackleford101 08-29-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger

Yeah. But it's still a Glock. So basically, you are taking your best looking sister to prom. :rolleyes: :p

The STI "Perfect 10" is the only 10MM double stack that I know of off the top of my head. I believe they had a 17+1 magazine option, but I don't know if you can order them with the gun. :confused:

The mags would be good. I was thinking about having a gunsmith friend of mine ( he's real good) take a gold cup and turn it into ten millimeter and then use a doublestack frame. Anybody ever do anything like that?

Dillinger 08-29-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 (Post 919613)
The mags would be good. I was thinking about having a gunsmith friend of mine ( he's real good) take a gold cup and turn it into ten millimeter and then use a doublestack frame. Anybody ever do anything like that?

I have heard of a couple of guys buying a double stack in like .40S&W and doing a 10mm conversion.

I believe the frame would have a wider base, and presumably running rails, thus the "Colt" slide would need to be altered (if that is even possible)

NOTE - This is pure speculation on my part. I have never done this conversion, seen it done, or even handled one that was done, so I don't rightfully know.

Just thinking out loud here.....

tacticalfun 08-29-2012 02:08 AM

Why not just get a delta elite?

RustyShackleford101 08-29-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalfun
Why not just get a delta elite?

Well the main purpose to this project would be to have a unique" one a kind gun", and I have never, ever, seen a doublestack, 10mm, gold cup.

RustyShackleford101 08-29-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger

I have heard of a couple of guys buying a double stack in like .40S&W and doing a 10mm conversion.

I believe the frame would have a wider base, and presumably running rails, thus the "Colt" slide would need to be altered (if that is even possible)

NOTE - This is pure speculation on my part. I have never done this conversion, seen it done, or even handled one that was done, so I don't rightfully know.

Just thinking out loud here.....

Dillinger, you have some great advise. This project isn't even close to happening he, it is still early conception. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

tacticalfun 08-29-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101

Well the main purpose to this project would be to have a unique" one a kind gun", and I have never, ever, seen a doublestack, 10mm, gold cup.

Pics when its done!!!!

RustyShackleford101 08-29-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalfun

Pics when its done!!!!

I hope it gets done! I hope this forum is still around when it is too..