Another new addition
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Another new addition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Another new addition

I picked up what I hope was a good deal today. A friend of a friend has a baby on the way, and needed some cash. He got in touch with me and ran down a list of firearms he was willing to let go to raise the requesite funds. One caught my eye... a Sig 239 in 9mm. It came with two mags, Hogue grip, an Uncle Mike's holster and a Fobus holster. All for $350. It's in pretty good shape, but does show some wear from being carried a LOT in a holster. It's also fairly dirty. I'm going to try to make it to the range tomorrow to give it a whirl. I'm also going to try to find an online manual as it didn't come with one.

Last edited by Kain; 12-04-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: typo

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #2

Likes Given: 2

Default Manuals

Just google sig sauer and go to their website. They have manuals in pdf format for all their guns. I have downloaded a manual for each gun I own.

BTW, Sig mkes a great product. Just clean it well. If you have any doubts let a gunsmith look it over. Sounds like you got a good deal.

Enjoy.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #3

Post cleaning and range trip update.

When I took it down, it was possibly the dirtiest gun I've ever cleaned. Took me a good hour to get all the nasty off of it. I don't know how I feel about a plastic guide rod, but everything else seems to be very well made. Despite the number of rounds that have been through the gun, relatively little wear was present anywhere but the outside of the barrel and striker pin housing. Very easy to take down for cleaning and reassembly was just as easy. At the range, I found the trigger pull to be just a tad on the long side, which tends to cause me to pull my shots to the right. Something I'm just going to have to learn to compensate for. I don't know what the stock grips felt like, but the Hogue grip on it now feels very nice. I have pretty big hands, but I still can get all three fingers on the grip (albiet with the aid of the little plastic mag extenders), which is pretty high priority for me. The trigger guard does start to rub the middle finger after a while. The sights are a bit wierd. Not bad, just different. Just more proof that it's a German-made gun. Also, despite having an external hammer it has a de-cocker. I was getting almost every shot inside center of mass at 10 yards, so the accuracy is definitely up there on this one. Recoil is very light, not surprising considering the relatively large size/weight and 9mm rounds. I tend to like a few more than 8 rounds in my firearms, but for a compact piece that's not always an option.

All in all I like it. It'll make a good carry piece when I finally get my CCW permit. And since it's a Sig will always make good trade fodder if I decide to let it go. Also, as an added bonus, the Uncle Mike's holster that it came with fits my RIA 1911 perfectly. The only real downside, I now have two 9mm pistols.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I have a pair of 239s and they are indeed fine guns. You got a great deal as well...

Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #5

Sounds like you got a great deal, and glad you like your new gun, because that's the most important part after all! any pics?

"In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real."- NY Times.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:12 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

its a gun. not fine china. a little wear is ok.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Any luck on finding a manual??

There's one here if this is the pistol you have. He has a lot of manuals on this page, but asks us not to abuse (stockpile) the downloads. Just download and save what we need.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #8

I found the manual on Sig's website. I didn't print it as it's 90-something pages long. And the dissassembly is so easy I didn't really even need it. And no, I don't do pictures. I'm a technological retard and have never been able to get the pretty pictures from my camera to the computer screen.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #9

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
The only real downside, I now have two 9mm pistols.
Huh? Please go on...

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 12-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

At 90+ pages it sounds like it's an armorer's manual, those have a lot of detail including parts dimensions, instructions on complete disassembly and at what point to replace some of the internal parts. I've downloaded one for the Pre-B CZ75.

The manual linked above is only 28 pages, but it's still a lot to print, I usually keep a copy of my manuals on my hard drive and print just one or two pages if needed.