Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ammo Limitations for my new M&P 9mmC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 03:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ammo Limitations for my new M&P 9mmC

I just bought a new S&W M&P 9mmC. It will be a much easier gun to conceal than my full size M&P. At the same time I picked up a bunch of Speer Gold Dot 9mm +P ammo.

I don't expect any problems using it in my full sze gun. Should I be at all concerned firing these hotter loads out of the compact gun?

If you could make any responses in "kitchen table English" I would appreciate it. Not very technologically educated on this topic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2009, 04:11 AM   #2

NO Problem at all. Good choice..enjoy !

Old 04-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyS View Post
I just bought a new S&W M&P 9mmC. It will be a much easier gun to conceal than my full size M&P. At the same time I picked up a bunch of Speer Gold Dot 9mm +P ammo.

I don't expect any problems using it in my full sze gun. Should I be at all concerned firing these hotter loads out of the compact gun?

If you could make any responses in "kitchen table English" I would appreciate it. Not very technologically educated on this topic.

It'll work fine... You can't go wrong with S&W-M&P.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:58 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have shot about 300 +p rounds in my M&P compact 9mm and not had a issue. Most of the time I shoot standard 9mm rounds as they are easier to find and cost less. I have about 2000 rounds through mine in about a year and no isses, you will enjoy the pistol. My full size M&P is a 45 two years old with almost 5000 rounds through it with out an issue. I carry the full size more often but I also live in the PNW were it's easy to cover up must of the time.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:07 AM   #5

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyS View Post

When in doubt, call the manufacturer. What they say will speak volumes about your weapon choice and them as the producer. Ask for a name, write down the date and what the answer given was and staple it to your receipt. (just in case the question "Why did you shoot +P ammo?" comes up in the future.)

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello