All guns stolen :( - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > All guns stolen :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
it's grown to six pages now! by next decade it will be the size of a novel!
Six?!?!?!?!???
WE got one page with crap to fill out on the front and an extra here place in the back.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Shade,

You missed one important point. The OP gave his mother the money to buy the guns. They were not gifts purchased by a parent. That makes it a straw purchase. He was the actual buyer because the money used was his.
If you are purchasing for a juvenile that is not your child or in your legal
custody it would be a straw purchase. For you child it is legal when to
the CFR to find it but guess what the website it down because the govt
is shut down, lmfao...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

orangello Likes This 
Old 10-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #83
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7212 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 14703

Can't a man buy his grandson a rifle?
I guess that would be a gift, not a straw purchase.
If the child is paying, it would be up to his parents to agree to the purchase, not another family member.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 10-14-2013, 01:54 AM   #84
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3193 Times on 2173 Posts
Likes Given: 696

Dad & my Uncles bought Me "several" guns growing up...they just didn't come into my full possession until It was Legal. As for NY: there is a waiver clause for 18 Y.O.'s If they are Doing Bonded Security Work(which I did while attending my 2nd Years At CCNY-John Jay, as an Armored Car Guard, and 20 for Handgun If you are Entering a LE Training Program....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Shade,

You missed one important point. The OP gave his mother the money to buy the guns. They were not gifts purchased by a parent. That makes it a straw purchase. He was the actual buyer because the money used was his.
Quote:
◾Illinois
- Minors under 18 may not possess handguns without parental permission or
authorized supervision, but they may possess other firearms if they have a
state issued license.
- It is legal to sell or give firearms other than handguns to minors holding a
state license card,
or for limited lawful activities, such as hunting.
Trust me in this ****hole state if it is legal here it does not tread on Federal Law.

For example AZ CWP law is 3 pages single spaced. To know IL CCL law you
need to read over 200 pages. I know I have read them all several time so I
can become a IL-CCL instructor.

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #86

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
If she bought a firearm and then gave it to her son, isn't it legally his firearm since there is no title or registration on it? Try to find a lawyer to help you figure out if it is worth pursuing. Ask your father's divorce attorney if that was part of the settlement or if you could pursue some kind of civil case while you still have an idea of where the firearms are (pawnshop?). Remember this when you pick a live-in female companion; once you let somebody live with you (married or not) they gain some legal rights that may not seem fair depending on your situation. You have my sincere condolences. Were all of the firearms handguns? Are you old enough to buy a longarm (rifle shotgun etc)?
not all. She got my handguns mainly though. I still have my 1 rifle

Old 10-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #87

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
There are exemptions to straw purchase if you are buying as a gift for a family member. As long as there are no criminal reasons that would prevent the family member from owning a firearm.
not a straw purchase. If we were not related then it would be, As if I handed a wad of cash to a random person and asked them to go purchase me a pistol because I'm under age. Make any sense? Alaska's laws have nothing to do with the purchase of a handgun as these federal laws

Old 10-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #88

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Doc 3402, I feel like I need to explain this to you a little more. There was no way to put them in a safe over this move. At home all my firearms and ammunition were locked up. I wasn't allowed to take the safe with me. I'm just a kid and she could have given two s*its less about my opinion on what went in the trailer. Both my sisters, her and myself had to fit everything we own in a 16 foot trailer. EVERYTHING. Not to mention enough stuff to keep up with two Siberian huskies. There was no room for a gun safe. I had handguns because I am a musher. I am responsible for the safety of over 100 sled dogs that I run. No way In hell I'm going into the woods with 16 dogs I don't own unarmed. This would be different if I was just some punk trying to be cool by packing around a gun. Another thing, I couldn't own a handgun at my age. The law in Alaska however states that I can "co-own" a concealable weapon with an eligible family member. It's over now and theres nothing I can do. I'm really only upset that I lost my glock 20. It was my first pistol and I was going to sell it myself but decided to keep it for sentimental reasons. I really appreciate all of you pitching in to help me figure this out though. After loosing literally everything but my cloths over the summer, it means a lot to me that all of you (complete strangers more less) care about what happened. Thank you everyone!!!!

Old 10-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Shade,

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskandude33 View Post
Doc 3402, I feel like I need to explain this to you a little more. There was no way to put them in a safe over this move. At home all my firearms and ammunition were locked up. I wasn't allowed to take the safe with me. I'm just a kid and she could have given two s*its less about my opinion on what went in the trailer. Both my sisters, her and myself had to fit everything we own in a 16 foot trailer. EVERYTHING. Not to mention enough stuff to keep up with two Siberian huskies. There was no room for a gun safe. I had handguns because I am a musher. I am responsible for the safety of over 100 sled dogs that I run. No way In hell I'm going into the woods with 16 dogs I don't own unarmed. This would be different if I was just some punk trying to be cool by packing around a gun. Another thing, I couldn't own a handgun at my age. The law in Alaska however states that I can "co-own" a concealable weapon with an eligible family member. It's over now and theres nothing I can do. I'm really only upset that I lost my glock 20. It was my first pistol and I was going to sell it myself but decided to keep it for sentimental reasons. I really appreciate all of you pitching in to help me figure this out though. After loosing literally everything but my cloths over the summer, it means a lot to me that all of you (complete strangers more less) care about what happened. Thank you everyone!!!!
It is a tough life lesson, hopefully you can turn it into a positive and
grow from here. Also I hope you are with people now who love you
and will take care of you for your last few years until you are an adult.

Best of luck to you.

Airborne1 Likes This 
Old 10-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #90

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

You sound more mature than a lot of adults. I think you'll do fine in life. Best wishes from Texas