All guns stolen :( - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > All guns stolen :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperheadHill
You sound more mature than a lot of adults. I think you'll do fine in life. Best wishes from Texas
I agree. Best wishes from Kalifornia as well.

Think on the bright side. In a few years you can start over, and start your own life, and not be dependent on her.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 10-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #92

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

How old are you?if you aren't 21 or in the case of long guns 18 they were either legally hers or your dad's if you are of legal age and bought them then maybe file as stolen or possibly use a mediator or if they were your inheritance say from a grandparent you might can make something happen.good luck man

Old 10-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #93

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

ok having read you a a minor all i can say is sue her once you are old enough

Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #94

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Alaskandude - I am truly sorry for your loss but far more sorrier for you and your situation (and actually your two sister's situation too)...
I do not want to pretend to understand but something truly bad must have gone down between your mother and father for things so drastic to have taken place.
In these situations, the innocent children are always the ones who suffer the most it seems.

I know that this is hard for you to hear right now but at the end of the day those guns were just 'stuff'. It may take you some time, but one can always buy and/or get more stuff.
The most horrible thing that I read in this entire thread was how your own mother kicked you out of a car and abandoned you in another state from your home.
This is unconscionable to me as a parent for another parent to do this. Unforgivable - dangerous - horrid behavior.

Since you say that filing suit against your mother would or could result in your young sister winding up in foster care - I say that this may be the best thing for her with a parent like this. How do you know that she won't just 'tire' of your two sisters and abandon them one day, as well. Also, it seems that if she did not have custody of the daughters that they would (at least after some time) go back to your father's care and not stay in foster care.

Regardless of any of that, you can know that one day you will or should get the last laugh. Most sociopathic parents who flippantly treat children like this will, as they grow old, one day try to mend fences as they get lonely. Generally, people like this (in your own words - fake and backstabbing types) end up alone and lonely. You of course, at that point, can decide how you want to react towards her and her sad excuses as a parent to you.

Good luck to you and I am sorry that you have been forced to learn this lesson about the nature of some people at your age - especially, someone who was recently so close to you.
Make sure that you remember this and how she made you feel and most importantly of all - that in remembering, you treat your children better if you ever have children of your own.
They (and you) deserve better!!!!

Last edited by bartwatkins; 10-23-2013 at 08:13 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #95

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I don't think there is much you can do about the guns. If anything you should pose this question to your fathers divorce attorney and maybe this matter could be settled in Family Court. The part that really bothers me is that your mother abandoned you in another state. In SC that's a clear case of child neglect. If your 17 or under of course.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #96

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Reading this thread makes me sad. Not just because she stole your guns and there's nothing you can do but for just being treated that way as well. That's terrible and I can't how a parent could treat their child like that. I am at least happy to see that her very poor character hasn't seemed to have rubbed off on you.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #97
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3157 Times on 2145 Posts
Likes Given: 682

I think thats what bothers most of us who have some Morals and who care about Kids, That this person just dumoped her Kid out of the car....
Lord knows I did not have the greatest relationship with my Mom,..But We both Cared about each other, and she would never just Dump any of her Kids....As a ret. Teacher & Asst. Dean & FB Coach,....that just Burns me up!!!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

People Like This