Advice needed - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Advice needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I guess it comes down to what fits my hand I was really just curious about if there is a difference in all these guns I mean HK is about double a Glock.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 745 Posts
Likes Given: 678

i sat here a typed a few things. then deleted them. i just didnt have a real good answer. a sig is a sig, a glock a glock, an HK an HK. if thats the design you like, and a price you are okay with do it. if its not. look to something else. there are a ton of companies that are making good reliable firearms of all shapes, sizes, and calibers. because we as human beings tend to like different things. some companies charge more. some less. some charge more because they have better quality control, or perhaps better warrenties. or maybe a certain pistol is harder to produce. again it just comes down to you. now if you decide between a couple. perhaps making a pro/ cons list. comparing capacity, price, caliber, size. ... kind of reminds me of car buying...

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 11-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #13

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndfan

I am thinking about a Ruger LC9 for concealed carry. I usually carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II which I love, but can be a little big on those warm California afternoons! I fondled a LC9 today at my LGS. I gotta say, it's a very nice, small, easily concealable handgun, that appears to be very well constructed. I may buy it!
Give a "fondle" to the Bersa BP9CC and the Bersa Thunder9 UltraCompact Pro both in 9mm. Awesome quality and reliability at a reasonable cost!

Old 11-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I second the Solo and the Bersa selections mentioned already. I've owned Glock, Sig, S&W, in many different calibers and configurations, and I must say I prefer my EAA Witness P over them all. They offer both 9mm and 40 S&W to meet those requirements, and the price point is well below those mentioned in you original post. They can be had for $300 shipped to FFL if you do your due diligence. The most comfortable feeling firearm I have held, all those that hold it agree.

Best bang for your buck on the market today.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5751 Times on 3252 Posts
Likes Given: 5186

With a good shoulder holster from Galco, or other big name makers, you can conceal any weapon you like.

I have a vertical rig that will conceal a 7 1/2 inch Ruger Redhawk .44 mag under a hooded sweatshirt.

My Galco Miami special will allow me to carry a SIG 226 under a light weight vest.

Winston Churchill