Advice On Desert Eagle rounds

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Advice On Desert Eagle rounds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Advice On Desert Eagle rounds

Hi guys,
Just fired the Desert Eagle at the range today, and the reloaded rounds were much too light.....had all kinds of ejection problems. I was wondering if you guys know any .44 Mag hot loads, semi jacketed soft points, or semi jacketed hallowed points, that you would recommend in this weapon. This gun is dead accurate and I'd like to be able to actually fire it without screwing with the slide every third time I fire. Abuse to the hand is NOT a consideration haha.

Note: I was not limp wristing the gun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

when i load for mine i use 240grn jacketed rounds .5 grain under max load. i suggest start mid levels and work your way up. the DE i have is an older mkVII all steel make. it is gas operated so you need enough gas pressure to cycle the action. DEs do NOT do well by going light weight. just follow your 44mag load manual start low and work up towards max checking for high pressure

Old 10-25-2010, 04:30 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That weapon HATES light loads, the ones we fired today were down around 750ft lbs, the DE with light loads is like a spoiled rich kid eating macdonalds.