Add a plastic - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Add a plastic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
^^^ This.

There may come a day when you have to perform and you don't get to choose the gun or ammo. Being proficient with a variety of platforms and calibers seems like it makes sense. I think we all tend to specialize, I know I do, but I also like to test myself a little bit. The last action shoot I stepped out of my comfort zone and shot a DA/SA Sig. I probably would have had an easier time with a 1911 but I did well enough with the Sig to know I can depend on it and myself. This M&P will be used at a future action shoot as the holster & mag carrier are on the way.

Bud's sure was quick on this one as it's on the way and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow...
This is a good point. I think we tend to be drawn to one weapon and forget about others. My collection is a little diversified between 1911s, XDs, S&W & Ruger DA wheel guns and a Blackhawk but I have been snobbish towards the 40. I just don't like it....When is the next pin shoot? Maybe I need to make the trip.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #42

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
This is a good point. I think we tend to be drawn to one weapon and forget about others. My collection is a little diversified between 1911s, XDs, S&W & Ruger DA wheel guns and a Blackhawk but I have been snobbish towards the 40. I just don't like it....When is the next pin shoot? Maybe I need to make the trip.
Not sure when the next pin shoot is, but the next action shoot will be Saturday the 26th at 1800 hours (if nothing changes)...

Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What goes on at the action shoots?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
What goes on at the action shoots?
Various defensive drills dreamed up by the range master. Last week we shot 4 different scenarios - including one that required to shoot with a flashlight. Each of the scenarios also included a reload as well. They aren't scored or timed and we have beginners to very advanced folks in the mix. They are much like IDPA without the thick rulebook.

I'm a pretty accomplished pistol guy when I'm standing still and shooting at a bullseye. I'm a complete noob on these types of shoots but I'm learning a lot and gaining real confidence in my limited abilities. Just the ability to practice drawing and firing is seriously valuable IMHO...

Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #45
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

I was about to stick up the ubiquitous "both are fine guns, but you really should see what feels good to you... blah, blah, blah".

Then I saw who posted the original question.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 03-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #46

I picked up the M&P .40 on the way home to SC yesterday. Gave it a quick checkout at the shop and I may like this one. Not having a mag safety is a big plus. It does feel very good in the hand and the trigger on this one is nowhere near as "crunchy" as the other 2 I had for a short time. The holster and mag carrier should be in by Monday so this one will be ready to go at the action shoot on the 26th. Was really tempted to get the M&P in .45 but I have a boatload of .40 ammo and to many .45s as it is. Range report to follow sometime next week...

Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #47

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have the M&P 40c. I do not have a mag safety on mine and really like it. I think mag safties are stupid myself. Enjoy your gun and I look forward to the range report.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War