Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Add a plastic (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/add-plastic-39782/)

NGIB 03-14-2011 11:32 AM

Add a plastic

Toying with the idea of adding one plastic striker-fired gun to the collection. Bud's has some great LE pricing on S&W M&Ps right now and I'm very tempted. I've owned 2 before but they both had mag safties so I soured on them real quick. I know we have some M&P fans here so tell me why they're better than an XD or a Glock...

spittinfire 03-14-2011 11:44 AM

NGIB, they aren't. While I think they're a quality weapon I personally can't stand them. That gooft trigger safety they use feels funny and the mag safety, as you mentioned, just plain sucks.

Haven't you owned XDs before? Do you need to borrow mine for a little while?

NGIB 03-14-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 464569)
NGIB, they aren't. While I think they're a quality weapon I personally can't stand them. That gooft trigger safety they use feels funny and the mag safety, as you mentioned, just plain sucks.

Haven't you owned XDs before? Do you need to borrow mine for a little while?

Yeah, I've owned a ton of XDs as well as one XDm. Never spent any real time with the M&P and without the mag safety I might like it. I know the trigger is strange but I've also heard that you can tweak them easily...

JonM 03-14-2011 12:06 PM

rent one and go get it out of your system

FaTmAn 03-14-2011 12:56 PM

All i got to say is go with what feels good. Go rent all three if you must glock,xd,and m&p and do your own test. But remeber GOD MADE JOHN BROWNING. MR BROWNING MADE THE 1911 AND INSPIRED ALL WHO CAME AFTER. I like my glock. shot some m&p's didnt care for them. Xd's are nice to. But the glock just felt right

lonyaeger 03-14-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaTmAn (Post 464594)
But remeber GOD MADE JOHN BROWNING. MR BROWNING MADE THE 1911 AND INSPIRED ALL WHO CAME AFTER.

Yeah, thanks for that, NGIB is very aware.

danf_fl 03-14-2011 01:50 PM

Have you tried the Sigma? Or just by a Hi-Cap STI.

CA357 03-14-2011 02:33 PM

If you just must have a polymer frame pistol, look at CZ's offerings. I think you'll be surprised and very pleased.

dnthmn2004 03-14-2011 03:05 PM

I like the M&P because of the ergonomics and appearances. Glocks feel like holding a brick comparably. I think the safety trigger on the M&P is the most natural of the three. The mag safety can be easily removed - there was just a thread on it - or you can opt to get one without it. Last, get this kit immediately after buying an M&P - Apex Tactical

Gojubrian 03-14-2011 03:12 PM

I think the M&P's are really good polymers. Right up there among the top.

A friend of mine shoots the M&P 9mm very well. It feels good in the hand and functions flawlessly.

The price isn't bad on them either. :cool: