Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 9mm Sig Pro or FNP9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default 9mm Sig Pro or FNP9?

I'm trying to decide, cause they both are in the price range I'm looking for

I've been reading up about both and I'm still stuck

I want the Sig Pro cause it reminds me of the P226

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have no experience with the sig but I have a FN-40 and it's a great pistol. I like the adjustable back straps and the balance of the pistol. Holding 14+1 40 S&W rounds is also sweet and it's still slim and light. I've owned my FN-40 for almost two years and have put a few thousand rounds through it with out a misfire or a jam. It is almost too easy to field strip and the mags are stainless steel. I like my S&W M&P better but the FNH runs a close second

Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I have no experience with the sig but I have a FN-40 and it's a great pistol. I like the adjustable back straps and the balance of the pistol. Holding 14+1 40 S&W rounds is also sweet and it's still slim and light. I've owned my FN-40 for almost two years and have put a few thousand rounds through it with out a misfire or a jam. It is almost too easy to field strip and the mags are stainless steel. I like my S&W M&P better but the FNH runs a close second
+1 on the M&P

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-14-2009, 06:30 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've just heard so many good things about the Sig, I'd love to get a P226, but I just cant afford one and I figured the Sig Pro was the next best thing

the FNP9 looks good, but it doesnt have alot of accessories (such as holsters, sights, etc)

I'm actually also thinking about getting the Taurus PT1911, but I read some bad reviews about it being poorly built or something, a 1911 would be awesome (I'd love to get a 1911 in 9mm)

Old 02-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default I say get the Sig-Sauer

You might search for used P220s and 226s. They have been a common law enforcement gun for many years and at times there are alot of them out on the used market. Generally the used models can be had a significant discount over new, especially if you don't have to have an accessory rail. Most LE trade-in guns have only been shot a couple hundred rounds a year (if that) and about the worst thing you'll have to deal with is some holster wear, which I think adds character.

Here is a used P226 9mm that will be on Gunbroker.com for the next 10 days. It has a Buy It Now price of $550. I would think $550-$600 would be a good average price for used pieces.

Sig Sauer P226 Sig 226 9mm : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Good Luck.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 02-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

The SigPro are the polymer version of the P226, is an awesome reliable longlasting gun.... the local police of my hometown (Maracaibo) use SigPro as sidearm, in here there's no concept of maintenance like U.S and those SigPros still like new....
+1 on the SigPro

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post

I'm actually also thinking about getting the Taurus PT1911, but I read some bad reviews about it being poorly built or something, a 1911 would be awesome (I'd love to get a 1911 in 9mm)
There isn't much that I have found wrong with the new PT1911's from Taurus. A great gun for the money. Don't believe the Taurus haters...

Plus one on the Sig. I have a 228 and it's always been reliable, durable and puts rounds on target. Really good company, but you will pay a little more for them...

JD

Old 02-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #8

I had a SigPro chambered for the .357 sig round. It was light, had good balance, and was accurate. I sold it a couple of years ago. The only problem I had was on one of the factory mags. The butt of the mag came off. Really annoying and made that mag useless. Another good thing about Sig is the re-sale value. I sold my Sig Pro for the same price I bought it for and used it for over three years.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #9

Default Laser

Oh yeah.. If you get the sig pro you have to get the sig pro laser attachment. Its another $250 but is worth every penny!!