which 9mm should i get? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > which 9mm should i get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have an FNP-9. It's a good one. I still like my Kimber Ultra Carry II.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

A few weeks ago I'd have only offered you one answer, and then I shot Cane's Hi-Power. I love my XD 9, but I'd have sex with that Browning, buy it a car, and get a picture of it tattooed on my face.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The one that FITS your hand is the one to get.
Bro. if there was an eleventh commandment it would be this ^.

By far, fit is the most important thing to consider when buying a firearm. You can spend mega-bucks on a firearm and if it does not fit you like a comfy pair of slippers, you will never be happy with it.

The reason most of my customers are repeat customers is because I never try to push any one firearm on them. I let them hold them all and then go from there.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:39 AM   #24

Liked 266 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 30

OP :
If you believe some of the stuff posted on this forum, you could end up getting your training from old James Bond movies, fantasizing about a "Walthur POS" that never jams, available in 9mm ( Kurz, that is ).

If you choose a Browning HP or one of its relatives, post here and let us know if it feeds hollow points reliably. I've heard that some HPs require throating but would like some solid information.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:03 AM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
OP :
If you believe some of the stuff posted on this forum, you could end up getting your training from old James Bond movies, fantasizing about a "Walthur POS" that never jams, available in 9mm ( Kurz, that is ).

If you choose a Browning HP or one of its relatives, post here and let us know if it feeds hollow points reliably. I've heard that some HPs require throating but would like some solid information.
Great point, RAC. i own a 9mm Kurz, but never really found out much about the Kurz comapny. I understand they were Belgian originally.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:59 AM   #26

Liked 1434 Times on 811 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
OP :

So you don't believe everything I say on this forum?

Do you mean a Walther P22? It's a .22 for Christís sake!

If you mean the .380 ACP it's also known as the .380 Auto, 9mm Browning, 9mm Corto, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Short, and 9x17mm.

Let's be a tad less cynical and a shitload more technical with our posts Rentacop. (Did you really give yourself that name?)

When gorknoids and I were makin' confetti two weeks ago I ran a mix of PD ammo through my 1989 BHP.
Speer Gold Dot 9mm Luger +P 124 Grain JHP
Cor-Bon Self-Defense 9mm Luger +P 125 Grain JHP
Magtech Guardian Gold 9mm Luger +P 115 Grain JHP
Buffalo Bore 9mm Luger +P+ 115 Grain JHP
All hot loads and all ran without a glitch.

Rent, me thinks you got some bum data or youíre just makiní it up!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

If you can't afford a BHP, get a cz75b, you won't be sorry.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #28

Default 9 mm

I own both a Browning HP and a Glock 19 ( bought the BHP off of gunbroker from a guy in CA) as far as feeding hp it dosen't have a problem with what I'm shooting now, a german bullet 125 gr hp in front of 5 1/2 grs of 231. Same in the Glock, the only good thing about the glock is you can bury it in the mud and 1 month later come back and wash it in the creek and start shooting. The Glock feels good in the hand (not as good as the Browning and the Browning has "style" that the plastic guns just don't have, at least not to me. Just my .02 worth

Old 03-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #29

Like some others here, I'm a total fan of the Browning Hi-Power. There is nothing that fits and feels like a Hi-Power. The CZ 75B is the closest thing that I've ever found.

The Hi-Powers will shoot any 9mm ammo on the market. That has been fact for a long time now. I think Browning fixed the feeding issue with hollowpoints back with the MarkII models, and that was a long time ago. My Hi-Powers, all MarkIII models, feed reliably and consistently. They are also very accurate. My Hi-Power Practical wears night sights and it's a joy to shoot and carry.

If you can't afford a Browning made Hi-Power, take a look at the Argentine Hi-Powers. They are also quality weapons, built under license. JGSales has recently received a number of them. They are very, very reasonably priced. They don't have quite the finish of the Browning, but they do have the basic contruction quality and they are reliable.

You can also look at the CZ 75 series. These guns are DA/SA types that have almost (damn close), but not quite, the same feel as a Hi-Power. They are also extremely well made, accurate, reasonalby priced weapons.

If you don't like any of these, well, start looking at the boatload of 9mm handguns that are available. Most of them good. It's really all up to you. When you find one you like, ask around. Find someone with it and ask to shoot it. Post in the various forums for opinions. Of course, when you do that, you'll have to sift through to separate the "wheat from the chaff", but you can do that.

Good luck.

SgtSam

Old 03-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #30

I really like the Stoeger Cougar, once you feel it and shoot it, you'll be convinced too.....