which 9mm gun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > which 9mm gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default which 9mm gun?

I wanted the ruger sr9 then they came out with the sr9c which can be ccw and also have 17 rounds as a full size pistol. then I started checking out the smith and wesson m&p 9mm and I liked it. then the glock 19. it seems like glock fans have nothing to say good about any other gun (they are fans but to the casual gun buyer it makes it looks bad)

1. I have heard great things on the sr9c but then a few people say its a ruger and a piece of junk.

2. I currently own a ruger lcp. I can shoot it fine. how much more recoil would be on a 9mm and how concealable is the glock 19? I dont want to buy a glock but if it the best option I will.

Thanks guys.

I would also consider a springfield, but 9mm is what I want. I know a lot on calibers and ammo. but the actual pistols confuse me a little.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2011, 02:02 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Check here Genitron.com - Top 100 Ranked By Concealability - Filter: 9 mm Pistols

Old 02-24-2011, 02:08 AM   #3

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

The SR9c is getting stellar reviews by owners on all KINDS of different forums. I own one and it's been a great little gun so far. I love the adjustable sights.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:12 AM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1850 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 564

I just traded a Glock 19 for a Ruger SR9c. The Ruger guns are not junk and are made in the USA. I like my new Ruger a lot better than the Glock. To be fair, the Glock 19 was a little to big for my hands.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-24-2011, 03:09 AM   #5

I love ruger and wanted the sr9c. I thought it was the best value but now with all this stuff from other people say on youtube got me confused. I want the sr9c but people say how it jams and stuff but I still wanted it. I only wanted to buy american. ruger does a lot for our shooting rights.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 AM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

First, don't listen to the interwebz, especially YouTube. I don't own one but a good friend does and he loves it. If any gun jams (do they say what kind of jam?) all the time, then it needs to go back to the mfr to be made right. Never let YouTube or the webz influence your decision.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #7

ok that is what I figured. I like the ruger sr9c.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
First, don't listen to the interwebz, especially YouTube. I don't own one but a good friend does and he loves it. If any gun jams (do they say what kind of jam?) all the time, then it needs to go back to the mfr to be made right. Never let YouTube or the webz influence your decision.
Never is a very strong word and I would never go that far. If I do, I won't be in any gun forums. Like everything, I put what I read and watch in consideration before making my decision factoring the credibility of the source (if possible). If you hang around forums enough, you will know who are knowledgeable and fair/objective. I say that since some are experts but biased (heard of fanboys?).

Fear is a healthy thing, use it in your advantage. You will still make mistakes but hopefully you can minimize it. Research some more until you are content before spending your money.

Problem with some, is that they only see/hear what they want and dismiss the rest. This can be dangerous and hope you you do not fall for it.

This is a general advise, NOT specifically geared towards SR9/SR9c in any way.

Take his advise (and mine) like you would anything...with a grain of salt.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #9
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2085 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 753

I wouldn't be afraid of getting anything from Ruger. If you like the SR9c, get one. I'll bet you'll be bragging about it in a year.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #10

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
I want the sr9c but people say how it jams and stuff
No problems with mine and I shoot a variety of bullets. I shoot 115 and 125 grain cast lead bullets as well as plated bullets and JHPs. Never had a single problem or even the slightest hint of a jam with my gun.