7.62x25 Tokarev (since someone asked,Cobra ;)) - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 7.62x25 Tokarev (since someone asked,Cobra ;))

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 02:17 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
That is how I carry my CZ52.
Chamber empty safety off.
I wouldn't carry a round in the chamber on mine at all. It just wasn't built for it. But it was much better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff56 View Post
Dang and here I was hoping for a big flame war that could go on for a week where I could suddenly find my M48 and win big time. Thanks for nothing.
I'm sorry to ruin your fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff56 View Post
I wouldn't carry a round in the chamber on mine at all. It just wasn't built for it. But it was much better than a sharp stick in the eye.
I agree that you have the right to determine for yourself how to carry your own pistol,but I disagree that the CZ52 was not "built for" cocked and locked carry.

PROVIDING OF COURSE that you ensure the proper functionality of YOUR pistol,it actually carries quite well that way and is in fact,despite the issues with some of the worn out examples imported as surplus,a very safe pistol in general that incorporates specific well renowned safety features in its design.

Quote:
One nice passive safety is the Walther style firing pin lock. The firing pin is locked on this gun until the very end of the trigger stroke, at which point the block is disengaged. The hammer hits the firing pin, and then rebounds, and is held away from the firing pin's rear face until the trigger is released and fully pulled again. The firing pin block is also re-engaged when you let go of the trigger to fire the next shot. Thus it should be safe to carry with a round in the chamber, the safety off, and the hammer down. Dropping the gun on the hammer in such a state will not let it fire.
- http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIIC2f.html
Of course,I THOROUGHLY recommend that you test out that decocker before you carry it that way by either pulling some lead and powder from primed brass,chambering it,and dropping the hammer on it with the decocker at least 10 times,or by even taking it to the range and while doing everything else you'd do when shooting a handgun SAFELY down range,substitute the decocker for the trigger......
Because YES,if your decocker is malfunctioning IT COULD ACCIDENTALLY GET TOGGLED IN CARRY,AND THAT WOULD BE BAD.

However,CZ52's in good working order are perfectly fine to carry cocked and locked.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 11-06-2011 at 01:51 AM.