Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > .45 fever...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 04:18 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
So I've got my nine, a conceal carry, and a plinker, the only things i'm missing to complete my desired collection is a .45 and a short range rifle (3030). Next on the hit list, after shooting little brother's Glock 30, is the .45, but which one.

I was dead sure, after a lot of research into a couple cheap pieces (under $400), that I had decided on the Taurus MilPro, but now I've realized that I should put a little more thought into this decision before I make it.

So here I am, requesting some suggestions. I still want to keep it within a similar price range (upping to under $500), so don't waste your time trying to convince me I should spent twice as much just to get a Springfield 1911. My brother said the Glock was just $525, but I'd like something else. It was great, but not great enough for the extra $150 i've the Taurus.

Any other ideas or recommendations?

Thanks fellas...
I paid $568.70 for my Glock 30 a couple months ago brand new....

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-09-2011, 04:26 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06

I paid $568.70 for my Glock 30 a couple months ago brand new....
That is an irrational comparison. How can you compare the $568 you paid to the $525 that his brother said they cost. Those must be "American" dollars.

How's that for sarcasm.........

Ranger- thanks for your service to our great country.

Last edited by patches; 12-09-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:48 AM   #63

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches

That is an irrational comparison. How can you compare the $568 you paid to the $525 that his brother said they cost. Those must be "American" dollars.

How's that for sarcasm.........

Ranger- thanks for your service to our great country.
Haha. It's an honor.

You're right. I'd be willing to bet that I'm "among the lot" of "American blokes" with a pointless opinion.

I'm also probably wrong in saying that $568 USD is the equivalent of 364 GBP, or 426 Euro, wherever this egotistical fellow resides.

If I had been using my typical "American" cerebral cortex, I would have read this entire thread before contributing my $0.02, or it's equivalent of any other world currency to this fella.

After all, as seems extremely obvious, the only opinion that matters is his own. I have yet to see an agreeing comment by the OP, let alone any acknowledgement that anyone has been right.

It seems as though the OP would rather post incessant, drawn out replies to castigate or simply poke fun of the contributors.

Cheerio, mate!

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #64

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

3rd firearm owned? REALLY?

12th shot? Amazing.

Listen to the contributors my friend. No disrespect, but you have little to zero experience with weapons. If you are only going to spend $500, give or take some, it's extremely simple:

Google it. Use Ask.com. It will pull up MULTIPLE weapons in that price range that you can research and choose from.

Go to a good, straightforward firearms dealer, tell them this:

"I'm looking for a reliable .45 handgun within a $500 price range. May I please see a few models that you have, and, if possible, fire them?"

I've done that a few times and it really helped.

Another thing: USED is USED, regardless of what it is. Automobiles, weapons, televisions, toaster ovens, or tea-pots. If it has been used, it's used. Just because it is "Used", or "Previously Owned", does not mean that it is a "lemon", or will break. It simply depends on the previous owner, how he/she used it and treated it, and how they sold or traded it.

The simple fact and widely accepted truth is that ANY mechanical, man made device (auto, weapon, TV, etc) can, and most likely WILL malfunction at some point during its existence.

"Sua Sponte"

Old 12-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #65

Liked 2197 Times on 1262 Posts
Likes Given: 1787

IMO, the difference is with a USED gun, if you select a good quality

unit, it will improve in value, and occasionally is better, rather than worse,

for having had a first owner.

Two examples;

1) My Hi-Standard 22 is worth twice what I paid for it last year.

2)Many first time 1911 owners, unaware of the 250-round

break-in period, trade or sell their gun for something else,

giving you, the next person, a partially broken in pistol at a

lower price.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #66
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16881 Times on 9779 Posts
Likes Given: 44011

i have no hesitation buying used if the price is right and the firearm was cared for properly. i have bought several that were lightly used and have had very good luck with them. sometimes people buy something they think they want, then realize after a few rounds, that something else may be better suited for their needs. used doesn't always mean junk or worn out. not everyone can afford multiple firearms, so they sell one to afford another one.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #67
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7585 Times on 3302 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Ladies and gentlemen, I am locking this thread. It has passed far beyond the point of seeking opinions, and turned into a rather sophomoric contest of snide remarks.

To the original poster- you asked for input, and then make rude remarks when you get them. The Wikipedia definition of Troll is:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

If that was not your intent, you need to understand that your behavior is being viewed in that light.

I do not know why- perhaps the shortage of sunlight this time of year- but in the past few days we have had a rash of provocation and name calling on several threads. Frankly, I have had enough, and am ready to start handing out some time outs if (when) it happens again.

If you are a gun owner, you are supposed to be a responsible adult. The next time any of us post, take a look before you hit the submit button, and see if your post meets that criteria.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Closed Thread