.45 Compacts - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > .45 Compacts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
The Kimber will NEVER be 100% reliable as they are out of manufactured out of spec for the relationship of the slide stop hole in the frame per an original 1911 print. We have seen too many with LEO's trying to solve the reliability problems. Wouldnt own one or accept one as a gift!
Hmmmm.

I have a Kimber Ultra CDP II (3") with over 2000 rounds through it, and have NEVER had even one malfunction, which includes the "dreaded" break-in period that the Kimber critics love to blather about.

It's more reliable than any of the 4" Colts and Springfields I've owned over the years.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #32

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

The smallest 1911 I have now is a Colt Commander. I had some sub 4 inch barrel models from Kimber and Para but I just couldn't warm up to them. Had a Kahr P45 and it was OK but I prefer the XD .45 Compact I have now - makes a fine truck gun and I don't mind if it gets dinged up...

Old 08-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #33

i have been dreaming to have one of these kimbers

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"

Old 08-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
The owner of a local gun shop has recommended the Taurus Millennium Pro PT145 for carrying. Does anybody have any experience or input on this handgun?
I have the PT745, and out of the box, no problems, fired so about 500 rounds through it with no FTF and no FTE, it does not print, light weight, I like it, real smooth operating, of course the recoil is just a bit more than my XD 45 4", but that is to be expected the shorter the barrel, but does not affect target reacquisition, but that is only my perception of it and how it has worked for me. Of course it is only 6 rounds compared to my XD45 at 13 rounds.

Layton

Old 08-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #35

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have the same exact gun-PT745C. It's the single stack version of the PT145. I picked it up used for 200$ and it's my "truck gun". It goes bang EVERY time no matter what ammo is used and is actually very accurate IF you can get by the L O N G HEAVY trigger. I was honestly suprized at the way it shoots. Think S&W Sigma to understand the trigger pull. I havn't tried to slick up the trigger as it's a truck gun that I only gave 200$ for. I have 5 extra loaded mags for it along with the gun itself so I should be ready for anything until I can get to a better (bigger) gun. I keep it loaded with Winchester Ranger SXT 230+P, which it loves the same as ball ammo.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I have the same exact gun-PT745C. It's the single stack version of the PT145. I picked it up used for 200$ and it's my "truck gun". It goes bang EVERY time no matter what ammo is used and is actually very accurate IF you can get by the L O N G HEAVY trigger. I was honestly suprized at the way it shoots. Think S&W Sigma to understand the trigger pull. I havn't tried to slick up the trigger as it's a truck gun that I only gave 200$ for. I have 5 extra loaded mags for it along with the gun itself so I should be ready for anything until I can get to a better (bigger) gun. I keep it loaded with Winchester Ranger SXT 230+P, which it loves the same as ball ammo.
Mine cost 352.00 total new.

Layton