.45 Compacts - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

.45 Compacts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
The owner of a local gun shop has recommended the Taurus Millennium Pro PT145 for carrying. Does anybody have any experience or input on this handgun?
I just picked up the Taurus Millennium Pro PT145. Will shoot this week and let you know.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #22

Liked 113 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default Pt145

They are ok if you can handle the horrenous trigger pull. I like the para ordnance c6Lda and firmly believe it to be the best ultracompact .45 of ALL.
Also,the Lda trigger is BETTER than the smoothest,lightest trigger you'll EVER feel! You pay for them but a person cannot put a price on a defense pistol that'll last longer than him AND his son!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
They are ok if you can handle the horrenous trigger pull. I like the para ordnance c6Lda and firmly believe it to be the best ultracompact .45 of ALL.
Also,the Lda trigger is BETTER than the smoothest,lightest trigger you'll EVER feel! You pay for them but a person cannot put a price on a defense pistol that'll last longer than him AND his son!
I'll give you that. I have shot the LDA and it's sweet, but I prefer the short reset of the PRO trigger for that second or third shot.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by full auto View Post
I just picked up the Taurus Millennium Pro PT145. Will shoot this week and let you know.
Thanks, however I read a report on the gun from mouseguns.com where the writer reported the PT145 fell apart on him.

Member GCO

Old 10-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #25

I have the Kimber Pro Carry II - full size frame, 4.25" barrel. Initially, it has a few FTF and FTE's, but the problem was two fold.

1. I needed to lube it better prior to my first shooting.
2. Needed to learn how to properly grip and fire the .45. I was used to rifles and this is my first pistol, let alone a .45. I was limpwristing it BAD! Once I got a better stance and grip, I have had ZERO issues with it since about the 150th round. I only have about 350 through it now, but zero problems, unlike prior to the first 3 boxes.

I am using the Winchester White box .45 ACP from WallyWorld when shooting.

.45 Compacts - Semi-Auto Handguns

While not really a compact, it feels smaller than the standard 1911 since it has the shorter barrel. The fullsize frame/grip fits my hand better than a compact's and makes it easier (for ME) to control. Have you tried shooting a compact vs a fullsize frame to see which works better for you? Having a compact may be well and good, but if you have a hard time using/controlling it, it won't do you much good.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #26

Hey ya'll! I'm new here. Great site

Anyway, good .45 Compacts. Well, I have a Ruger P345 that I love. Great grip, reliable(if cleaned and lubed properly, NO gun can be expected to function correctly if not taken care of properly), and just a blast to shoot! My dad also has a compact .45 that I love, a Colt New Agent. 3" barrel, groove site, great feel in my hand, and also very reliable.

The best advice? Go to lots of gun stores, handle the guns, shoot the guns that you can, then decide which you like best

Old 11-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #27

I'm still a noob when it comes to shooting pistols. I have less than 400 rounds through my Kimber (shown above). I went to the range weekend before last and shot with my daughter (she shot a Sig P239 9MM).

Here is my target from about 30'. Only 1 miss (top left is a tear from me taking the target off the board and ripping it). Can't complain about how the Kimber has worked for me.

With more practice I'm sure I can tighten it up quite a bit, and even more once the pistol is 'broken in' after about 500 rounds.

.45 Compacts - Semi-Auto Handguns

Old 06-24-2009, 05:04 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I carry the XD45c. Like the way it feels in my hand and how it shoots. I am looking at the Kahr 45 as a back up or a stand alone gun.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #29

I have a kimber ultra carry II .45 and love it. The recoil is not bad for a compact .45 and it is pretty slim so it is easy to conceal. The trigger is also very nice and crisp. I did have a few feed failures at first but once i put about 200 rounds through it i have not had any more issues it has been 100% reliable.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:14 AM   #30

I carry a kimber tactical carry II. I haven't had any problems and have put over a thousand rounds through it. I have also carried a glock 30 (double stack) and a glock 36 (single stack) I personally like the glock 30 more because of the round capacity. If you want slender the glock 36 was thinner and printed less. I also added a +1 mag extension. Those were nice and I would suggest doing the same if you decide to go with the glock 36. I personally suggest just going with the 1911 if you are set on the .45 acp cartridge. You might want to go with a 4 inch model with a steel frame. The CDP models and the all the 3 inch "carry" models made by kimber are using an aluminum frame. I am hesitant to tell someone to invest in one because I haven't talked to anyone yet who has put 10,000 rounds + through an aluminum frame. If I were you I would go with 4 inch model with a Steel Frame. The steel frame 1911 will last you a lifetime. If you decide you like it you can purchase both the 3inch and 5inch models down the road. My cousin carries a glock model 30 and my best friend carries a kahr pm 45. That thing is small and maybe a better choice than either glock for concealability. He loves his.

Newest Threads