LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachRome
Thank you for all the suggestions. What do you Guys think of the m&p40
As reliable as a Glock some say. I have two M&Ps and can shoot circles around both with my Glocks, however that doesn't mean a thing to you! Haha. M&P is a great pistol, if you can get it for a reasonable price then jump all over it. Quantico Armory, I think that's the name, has the pretty reasonable.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #12

Liked 1036 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 679

I second the Baby Dessert Eagle, and the SIG. (I own SIG, not the BDE, but it's on my list). Be aware the BDE comes in a polymer and steel version. I'd also like to suggest the Beretta 96.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #13

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Ruger SR40 is my .40 S&W of choice. It is full sized, fits my hand well and very, very accurate. Plus it is priced right. I love mine, not saying it is THE gun for you, but I'd add it to your list to check out.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #14

Liked 125 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachRome View Post
Was my favorite, until I bought a SiG 226 mk 25....you will not be disappointed. My pro series with the 5.25 bbl is a dream to shoot and I shoot it probably as good as any of my semi's...I attribute this the stock trigger. I have read some do not like the trigger, but I am not one of them...at least on the pro series.

Buy it...you'll like it!

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #15

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

For mid size I would say a sig p229 or glock 23. Both of those guns you can drop in a 357 sig barrel and now you have two calibers to shoot from one gun. For full size I would suggest a cz p09 duty. This might only be because I want one though, lol. However I hear good things about the duty series from cz

Old 11-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post

I'm with SSGN Doc, there are many many brands of guns that shoot well, just go to a large box store with a larger selection, and find one that feels best in your hand.
If it doesn't point naturally for you to begin with, and fit and feel good in your hands, then marksmanship is an uphill battle.

Then decide if you like de-cockers, or safeties, or none of the above
^ This ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachRome View Post
I'm a big fan of the M&P line. We have a 9 and a 9c.

Beautifully ergonomic. Reliable. Ambidextrous. I could blah blah all day long about them.

But don't take MY word for it. Get to a gunstore and hold as many different guns as you can find.

Always have clean socks.

wittmeba Likes This 
Old 11-28-2013, 02:59 AM   #17

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The CZ P07 .40 is known to have some issues, it's in their forum if you are interested in reading about it. That P09 is interesting, if it shoots anything like the P07 9mm I'll have to have one.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #18

Liked 15 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I carry a Ruger SR40C If manual safeties don't bother you their SR40 (4.14 inch barrel) is well worth the money. I am thinking of getting a full size firearm in .40S&W my top of the list is the FNX-40 (FNH).

Old 11-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What about the baby desert eagle? I don't really know a lot about them but, but I hear good things about them. What are your thoughts?

Old 11-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #20

Liked 1036 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 679

Here's mine; I have only handled it at my LGS. My impression is that I find it extremely comfortable to hold. Fit & finish excellent. Pleasing to look at. I noticed that the slide is shorter in height than most semi-autos. It comes in 2 versions, steel & polymer. The polymer version is unfortunately what I was holding. I'm not a fan of poly guns, and the poly ones have the indentations in the front of the grip for your fingers. The steel ones do not. Look on the website. They have a pretty good array of choices between the 2 types, plus I think 3 sizes. They don't seem too common, even though my LGS always seems to have one or two in the cases, I don't know anyone who has one, and they're no often mentioned here. That's all I got…..