The .380 Craze - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The .380 Craze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
I do like the Sig P238's
The Sig 238 is a beautiful mouse gun with the wood grips. They are also expensive. The last one I saw was $639

Old 03-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #82
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2747 Times on 1498 Posts
Likes Given: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
I bought my wife an LCP for Christmas. Took her out yesterday to shoot it for the first time. I was underwhelmed. I am a pretty good shooter and it wasn't easy getting it on center mass on the paper at seven yards.

I would NEVER stake my life on this pistol, or on the .380 round in general.

I had my Glock 19 with me and asked her to try it. She loved it.

The LCP is just to small to get a good grip on it, IMO. Now she'll probably want a Glock.
Check out the Ruger SR9c before you buy her a Glock. I bought one for my wife and then got one for myself.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #83

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Check out the Ruger SR9c before you buy her a Glock. I bought one for my wife and then got one for myself.
Thanks, but I'm not a fan of Ruger semi-autos. I bought her this one because it seemed like the perfect self-protection solution for a woman.....and no offense to any men that do the same.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:30 AM   #84

Ruger LCP are touching $375, and you can get a new Seecamp for $420.

In three years the Seecamp will be worth $500, and the Ruger will be $225. The Seecamp is like a Faberege work of art, and the Ruger is a plastic toy

Ruger® LCP® Centerfire Pistol Models

Old 03-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #85
AOK

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm not a LCP guy but if I know I can save money buying a less expensive gun that I can run hard and be reliable in a fight why would I care about a "work of art" gun (unless you just like to collect guns rather than own them for self defense)? Personally I'd save the money and put it towards ammo and/or training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskunk1946 View Post
Ruger LCP are touching $375, and you can get a new Seecamp for $420.

In three years the Seecamp will be worth $500, and the Ruger will be $225. The Seecamp is like a Faberege work of art, and the Ruger is a plastic toy

Old 03-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskunk1946 View Post

If you have such strong feelings that the LCP is inferior.......why do you post a link to the Ruger website and not to the Seecamp?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #87

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default won't kill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Yeah, what's with all this resurgent interest in the .380 ACP? Everyone knows it can never kill anything!!!! Wayyyy too weak of a round.

Next thing you know, people will be looking for .32 autos....
Would you stand in front of a round or 2 from a LCP?
Have you even shot one?

As many say it will be a lot better than a 45 caliber home in a safe.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #88

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default lcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
Lets talk about our .380's...why you bought one? which one you bought? how do you like it? If you want, give a range report of your .380, etc, etc....

I remember when the .380 caliber seemed to be a forgotten caliber. I remember when ammo suppliers had boxes & boxes of .380 ammo and it didn't really move. Man!! it sure is different now. I see more & more gun mfg's coming out with new models of the .380 and you can't even find a box of ammo on the shelf, if you do you better buy it then, because it won't be there tomorrow.

I was at a local gun store the other day and saw a Beretta Model 84 Cheetah, 380 ACP. Looked very sharp. Don't know if it's new or if it's been out for awhile. Sig has (2) .380 ACP models. Ruger has the LCP. Kahr has introduced their P380, which I see becoming a CW380 model very soon.

I chose my .380 (Kahr P380) because it's an instant CCW firearm. I live in a very hot state, so in summer it's usually shorts & T-shirts. Even in cargo designed shorts I found my .40 cal would imprint through the clothing very easily. I don't have that problem with my .380. Plus my .380 is soo very light I don't have the constant annoyance of it trying to bring down my pants.

So how about you?
I love my LCP! 6oo rounds, no failures,at 7yds point and shoot 7 hits in 6inch circle. Lcp is no more trouble than carrying my wallet. I keep extra mag in my left pocket. The biggest gun I ever carry is my p11 keltek 9mm. I have complete faith that if i can hit my target with either weapon, the threat will end quickly! Other than law enforcement, and open carry states, i bet there are not many who EVERYDAY CARRY a full size weapon. My LCP is with me ALWAYS....at home ,work , church,and arms reach from bed. Maybe a 12 gauge would be better at bedside as I wake a little groggy!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbeau View Post
Would you stand in front of a round or 2 from a LCP?

That's the most ridiculous question I've heard on the forum in a long time.

Would you stand in front of a round or two from a BB gun? Would you use a BB gun for self-protection?

Last edited by lonyaeger; 03-11-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #90

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I really don't understand it either. You can get just about any pistol/caliber in a compact or subcompact.

9mm is as low as I'll go.