Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The .380 Craze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Mine is currently a 3rd gen Kel-Tec P3AT .380. Kel-Tec is a favorite factory of many, me included. I just restocked on some 9mm P-11's and they are priced at $265. I can't find anything else as cheap that I can rely on as a Kel-Tec.
Thats if you dont mind some of the worst trigger pulls on the market.......

2 Sig P238's and a Bersa Thunder Duo tone here. Not one problem from the three.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #42

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Yes that long trigger pull does suck...A little to long even with no safety. My finger is raw after shooting 100 rounds or more...

Old 12-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #43

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default .380 eh?

My primary concealed carry weapons are the AMT back-up & my Makarov
.380! When hunting big game, I carry a handgun chambered in 9mm Luger!
After more than 20 years of hunting big game, the Luger round has served
me well when I needed to complete a kill or defend myself!

Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #44

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Yes that long trigger pull does suck...A little to long even with no safety. My finger is raw after shooting 100 rounds or more...
Maybe you need a Range Gun. Kel-Tec pocket guns were never intended to be shot all day long, just there to save your bacon.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #45
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

I just picked up a Walther PK-380 and 4 boxes of ammo today. The Walther was bought for a guy's wife and she never shot it. (I know I paid too much, but he is a regular and is looking at a S&W M66 I have.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #46

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I don't shoot that many rounds usually but to break in a new gun or if a buddy has extra ammo,and says go ahead shoot it up,I don't want to take it back home with me. That seems to happen ever time I go shooting with my one buddy steve,He brings way to much ammo,and then doesn't want to take it home,so we shoot it all up. I tell him but he does it every time anyway...so I just go with it...Damn my luck..ha..ha..

Old 12-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #47

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default .380/9mm or .38?

They all put the same size hole in an old aluminum frypan! (I have tested
them enough to give me the inspiration to construct a few redneck wind-
chimes)!

Old 12-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

This is from another post here but it pertains to the ".380" discussion:

"Picked one up (the all black model) 4 or 5 months ago for "the other" carry piece in the summer when I can't strap on a full size. It isn't a bad little gun. I have a few hundred rounds through it so far. Mine didn't like the Fiocchi ammo though. It would fail to load 1 in 50 or better.

I still carry it sometimes when nothing else will "fit", but I bought a Kahr because I was concerned about the failures with it and also the .380 is (IMHO) a little under sized. I haven't been able to take the 9mm Kahr to the range yet."

We were talking about the Taurus TCP .380.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 12-27-2010, 12:20 AM   #49

Liked 676 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I've got a Weatherby .308. I only got it because I had a suspension set for a sport bike a guy's wife wouldn't let him shuck the money out for so I traded them for the 308 and a S&W 9mm.
I don't like it. doesn't matter what scope I put on or what ammo I use, it's 3 to 8 inches on either side of center at 200 yards. It would hit most targets at 2 or 300 yards but I like to be able to rely on the landing point. I cant do it with this one.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 12-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #50
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

got a bersa thunder plus 380 15+1 my wife has the thunder 380 duo tone 7+1. both guns are really really good for the price. most 380 are unpleasent at best to shoot at worst downright miserable. the thunders are a dream to shoot very little snap decent sa/da triggers for the price unlike the poo triggers on a walther ppk/s they dont slide bite the hand like some walthers and the angle of magazine to barrel is very shallow making them feed pretty damn reliable. accuracy is very good for a small pocket rocket rivaling that of some full size pistols.

they have adjustable for drift 3 dot white sights.

bersa could double the price and still sell the gun at a good value. very under rated fun 380.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...