The .380 Craze - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

The .380 Craze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default my favorite 380

This is my 380. Beretta FS85, single stack. She's a sexy little Italian.
beretta-380.jpg  

Old 06-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default CZ-83.............Bersa Thunder .380

Two guns I highly admire. The CZ-83 because it's just one fine weapon. Reliable, comfortable in my hand, easy to conceal, shoot, rely on. I carry it, when I'm not carrying the Bersa.

Bersa Thunder .380?? Wow, what a story I have on this one.

I read a lot about the Bersa, some negative and some (most) positive. The negative revolved around FTF(eed) and FTF(ire) as well as FTE. I was skeptical about the weapon until a friend of mine, another USMC combat vet let me fire his. Then he told me his story of BT.380 ownership. This is one sweet weapon that showed none of the problems I'd heard about. I put 200 rounds downrange without one problem at all, except one faliure to fire. That round touched off on the subsequent DA trigger pull and then then BT went back into SA mode. Again, WOW.

Dave told me that when he first bought the weapon, he was disappointed. His first box of 50 had at least 30 FTFs of both kinds. The second box had 12, the third box 7. The fourth box 7 and the fifth box 3. Since his 5th box, this BT .380 has had at least 2000 rounds down the tube with no problems except during a marathon run of 800 rounds without cleaning.

He said, "Go ahead, buy one, shoot it, break it in real well, keep it clean and see if you don't like it".

My experience with mine is almost exactly the same. Another friend has had no problems, out of the box. Mine now has 1800+ rounds down the tube with no problems since the 200th round went down range.

Give the BT.380 a chance, it's a good gun.............and accurate!

For what's more honourable than scarrs, on skin to tatters rent in warrs?
Samuel Butler, HUDIBRAS 1658

When he goughed out me eye, I saw he was no gent. So I ups and broke 'is arm.
15th Centuary wrestler

Why saber?? 'Cause you don't take heads with the point................

Old 06-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I have several .380 caliber pistols, but my CZ83 is my favorite (of this caliber). While I'm not overly thrilled with 380's in general, I do find my CZ to be very accurate and easy to control. I also like having the hi-capacity capability too...
cz.jpg  

Old 06-20-2009, 03:35 AM   #34

What kind of OP would I be, if I didn't post a pic of my .380ACP?
Talking to a Kahr rep. recently their P380 is still in limited supply, but should see more & more arriving at the dealers.
Here's a pic of my Kahr P380:
The .380 Craze - Semi-Auto Handguns

Old 06-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #35

Default Colt Govt. Pocketlite

Colt Government Pocketlite for me, it is not a mustang, actually holds 7+1. I figured out how to post pics, so here it is with my Kimber. I traded it to my Dad, he needed something small.
colt-.380-003.jpg  

Last edited by jdgeroy; 06-22-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #36

I got my Colt Mustang .380 as a BUG, it's very good little pistol. That said it's not my main carry piece it's just in case everything goes FUBAR.

Μολὼν λάβε
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Old 07-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #37

Just came across two more mfg's jumping on the .380ACP bandwagon...

Quote:
Introducing the Newest Desert Eagle

6-shot .380 Auto Micro Desert Eagle in a pocket or purse, the double action Micro Eagle is the ultimate in compact personal protection with a gas-assisted blowback system for ultimate reliability and hammer-forged barrels for amazing accuracy. By Magnum Research, Inc.
Quote:
Walther PK380

If you like the Walther P22, you'll love the new Walther Pistol Kompakt-PK380. German engineering delivers .380 power into an ambidextrous, lightweight, comfortable shooting pistol in nearly the same size as the popular Walther P22. Complete with a Picatinny-style accessory rail and available with a black or two-tone nickel slide, and can be found at waltheramerica.com

Old 07-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #38

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Kel Tec 3AT the ruger LCP are both the size of old .25 cal pocket pistols. The concealability and moderate stopping power have made them very popular. I use Hornady 90 gr JHPs in my Kel Tec and it has been very reliable and simple to use.CD

Old 12-23-2010, 03:09 AM   #39

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I'm getting a kel-tec.380 for X-mas and had a ruger for some time. I know both are on the cheap side,but both are fun to shoot. .380 maybe a small round but you shoot someone in the chest their going to know it. You shoot someone in the knee (kneecap) their not going to walk. Every body is getting these small guns it seems(.380 Bandwagon). I love mine...That Colt Mustang is a very pretty pistol...Wish I had the money for something like that. I love the Debate...on the .380's...Synthetic Motor Oil is as good as gun oil I think for lub on a gun...sorry..about old tread,but this tread had alot of good stuff in it....

Old 12-23-2010, 03:26 AM   #40

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Mine is currently a 3rd gen Kel-Tec P3AT .380. Kel-Tec is a favorite factory of many, me included. I just restocked on some 9mm P-11's and they are priced at $265. I can't find anything else as cheap that I can rely on as a Kel-Tec.

Newest Threads