.357 sig question - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > .357 sig question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22108 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
Around here, 10mm is much harder to find than 357 Sig.
could be based on regional differences. it's just the opposite here in my town.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A fantastic rd. many guns that are .40 can get barrels in .357 and use the old mags. If you like .357sig you can shoot it in a Glock, Springfield Armory, Sig, H&K, Steyr to name the ones I know off the top of my head. I've fired 30k+ rds thru my sig and it has been a joy. Even the guys at the office who would've preferred their old make/model have been won over in most cases.

"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

ROBERT E. HOWARD

jeffkaiser1989 Likes This 
Old 11-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3278 Times on 2256 Posts
Likes Given: 1611

The 357 sig is a cop round designed for cops. Similar to the 40 but maybe more specialized. I doubt it's a fad as Jaegermeister suggested. It is the most manageable penetrator round, along with the 5.7, and the more powerful of the two. Maybe a fad in the civilian market, as many new things are.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
The 357 sig is a cop round designed for cops. Similar to the 40 but maybe more specialized. I doubt it's a fad as Jaegermeister suggested. It is the most manageable penetrator round, along with the 5.7, and the more powerful of the two. Maybe a fad in the civilian market, as many new things are.
i would exactly consider it to be a fad, but just never caught on as well as they had hoped. it has some decent ballistics, but for most, the cost of ammo is a bit prohibitive unless you reload.

several LE agencies tried them out and i don't know how many currently still use the 357 Sig.

i will say this, it's not a caliber really high on my want list, and would only buy one if it was a smoking deal. it is one i would definately reload forif i owned one.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #25
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1366 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i would exactly consider it to be a fad, but just never caught on as well as they had hoped. it has some decent ballistics, but for most, the cost of ammo is a bit prohibitive unless you reload.

several LE agencies tried them out and i don't know how many currently still use the 357 Sig.

i will say this, it's not a caliber really high on my want list, and would only buy one if it was a smoking deal. it is one i would definately reload forif i owned one.
18,000th post! Congratulations, Axxe!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
18,000th post! Congratulations, Axxe!
why thank you Greg!

Old 11-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1366 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 617

Quote:
could be based on regional differences. it's just the opposite here in my town.
I can find both around Cincinnati, albeit not in large numbers. However, my favorite LGS has .357 Sig in four bullet weights and two styles; 10mm is only two bullet weights and one style. It just depends what LGS owners have a request for. My LGS owner has over a dozen customers carrying .357 Sig as EDC and the local police, so he carries as much as he can procure.

Besides, the argument is moot if you can find it anywhere on the Internet. Priority shipping has it on your doorstep in. Few days, so ammo availability is probably one of the weakest arguments for choosing a gun, unless it is out-of-production or so limited you can't find it anywhere.

The fact that police departments are currently carrying .357 Sig means that somebody somewhere has the ammo, you just have to look!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
I can find both around Cincinnati, albeit not in large numbers. However, my favorite LGS has .357 Sig in four bullet weights and two styles; 10mm is only two bullet weights and one style. It just depends what LGS owners have a request for. My LGS owner has over a dozen customers carrying .357 Sig as EDC and the local police, so he carries as much as he can procure.

Besides, the argument is moot if you can find it anywhere on the Internet. Priority shipping has it on your doorstep in. Few days, so ammo availability is probably one of the weakest arguments for choosing a gun, unless it is out-of-production or so limited you can't find it anywhere.

The fact that police departments are currently carrying .357 Sig means that somebody somewhere has the ammo, you just have to look!
very good information there Greg. i just am not seeing a lot if any 357 Sig in my area and very little 10mm either.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #29

Liked 85 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 183

Quote:
very good information there Greg. i just am not seeing a lot if any 357 Sig in my area and very little 10mm either.
see around here i see a ton of 10mm 45acp, 40 38spcl, .357 magnum and a few other calibers in cluding 500S&W i have seen some .357 sig but not alot of it and havnt really checked out the price of the ammo around here i seem to recall it was close to .40 cal ammo but i could be wrong
  • Courage
  • Loyalty
  • Rectitude
  • Benevolence
  • TRUST
Guns Owned

Para USA 1911 EXPERT .45ACP - sold

Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP - sold

Glock 23 Gen 3 .40 S&W

For reviews on various products check out my youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hellfire198362

CCW map

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Old 11-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 75

I've been toying around with getting something in this caliber for awhile. And now this thread has me thinking I need a 357 barrel for my Glock to try out.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan