Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 25ACP mouse gun, how often do you use it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have one, but will trade it off.

Since Ruger brought out the LCP in .380 - I carry it now.

They are about the same size.

Very easy to conceal.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4460 Times on 2354 Posts
Likes Given: 255

.22LR is a far far far more effective round out of any gun than the 25auto. my personal opinion your better off selling it and getting a similar sized gun in 22LR 32ACP or 380ACP. im not sure why the 25auto even exists they dont even make good fishing weights.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

A good article on .22's and Beretta being used by Mossad can be read here.

Tactical-Life.com Israeli Mossad .22 LRS

Great article on my Beretta 70 S

Great shooting .22

Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My dad put in over 30 years in law enforcement before retiring in 1987. For most of that time he carried two guns. I guess he was carrying a BUG before most LEO knew what a BUG was. Both guns are Colt's, and both run smoothly. He may not have fired the little 25 much, but he carried it and trusted it as a weapon of last resort.
[IMG][/IMG]

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #15

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I have a couple of .25's. A Raven that was a gift about 25 years ago (It has never had a malfunction) and a Mauser Sidelatch that was a vet bring back from WW1. It works great and is fun to shoot.

One thing to remember about .22RF vs .25ACP is that the rimfire ammo is far more susceptible to moisture and "jostling". .25ACP is a scaled down version of .45ACP and has the excellent geometry of it's big brother. Most of the small pocket pistols that "jam" are because of poor construction details and crap magazines. They can be made to work perfectly with a bit of work. The .25ACP centerfire round is far more durable and less prone to moisture or other external influences than a rimfire.

That said, the .25ACP is an anemic round most suitable for intimidation or contact shooting in a last ditch effort.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #16

Likes Given: 1

Unfortunately a friend of mine lost his life to a single shot from an "anemic" 25auto, so I chose to learn from that lesson and will treat any firearm and cartridge as deadly regardless of popular belief. Also by design a centerfire will always be more durable/reliable than a rimfire. I rarely see centerfire cartridges with primer strikes at the range but there are always 22LR's with one, two, or three strikes and or a damaged bullet left behind. I wouldn't trust my life to a 22 or 25 but they sure are fun to shoot.

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #17

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 198

My stepfather used to carry a cheap .25 auto when he and my mom were out rockhounding in Colorado. I felt that he needed better firepower so gave him a Charter Arms 44 Bulldog which he carried until after my mom died and when he was near death I asked if he needed it any more, he said no so I got it back without having to hassle with inheritance issues. The only .25 cal firearm I'd own would be a 25-06, which I've owned but traded for a Ruger 260 Rem.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #18

Default .25 auto?

the .25 round has simply been rendered obsolete by technology in general
over the last 30 years. I guess if i could find one that wouldnt jam and get some magsafe or glaser ammo i might consider it but the .32 round is my favorite concealed light-carry round. My father carries a six shot .32 auto and my only complaint about most small .32's are the fact that the mags are usually not drop free. But with the right ammo for the situational needs the .32 renders the .25 just dead. Revolver fans of this ammo should definately try the .327 (patriot?) The company boast .357 power in a .32 size package, and my experiences with it show that and more!