Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   .25 galesi (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/25-galesi-94889/)

cblowe13 08-03-2013 07:47 AM

.25 galesi
 
1 Attachment(s)
Anyone own one? I love it traded ammo valued around 130. I can't complain YET. Haven't had a problem with it besides paying 22 a box of 50 :(

Attachment 112559

purehavoc 08-04-2013 03:31 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...r/IMAG0233.jpg


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...r/IMAG0234.jpg

cblowe13 08-04-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc

Pure havoc that you're my friend? :)

cblowe13 08-04-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc

I had a god awful slide bite in my hand for the first time out today :(

therewolf 08-04-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblowe13 (Post 1325362)
I had a god awful slide bite in my hand for the first time out today :(

Yeah, watch out for that, never mind. A friend of mine's bit me, too.

It's more difficult with larger hands.

His jammed(stovepipe) every 3rd mag or so. But I can't claim that's

a common problem.

The ammo is less common, so it will always cost a little more.

IMHO, not a badly made pistol. Nice BUG.

cblowe13 08-04-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf

Yeah, watch out for that, never mind. A friend of mine's bit me, too.

It's more difficult with larger hands.

His jammed(stovepipe) every 3rd mag or so. But I can't claim that's

a common problem.

The ammo is less common, so it will always cost a little more.

IMHO, not a badly made pistol. Nice BUG.

Two complaints getting bit and cost of ammo! I shot 100 rounds today no problem at all! I cleaned it very thoroughly before taking it out. It's a perfect bug it's my ankle or pocket carry behind the xd, lc9, and the judge! :)

c3shooter 08-04-2013 10:12 AM

There HAVE been poorly made .25 Autos, and the cartridge IS a lightweight- BUT-

The reliability of feeding of that little semi rimmed cartridge, and of centerfire priming over rimfire- actually pretty good.

Bear in mind that the .25 Auto should be used with a two handed shooting stance- One hand holds pistol, other hand holds shoulder of your opponent....:p

therewolf 08-04-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1325623)
There HAVE been poorly made .25 Autos, and the cartridge IS a lightweight- BUT-

The reliability of feeding of that little semi rimmed cartridge, and of centerfire priming over rimfire- actually pretty good.

Bear in mind that the .25 Auto should be used with a two handed shooting stance- One hand holds pistol, other hand holds shoulder of your opponent....:p

In many cases, the .25 pistol is 1/2 the size of the Galesi, which,

in practical terms, must get very difficult to handle, for any large

guy with big hands.

purehavoc 08-04-2013 01:05 PM

I have never been bit by mine. Its accuracy is pretty good my 9 yr old hits roughly 7" groups at 10 yards which for no more sight than it has I was pretty impressed .

purehavoc 08-04-2013 06:48 PM

Field stripping the Galesi .25 auto
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v513/standardracer/?action=view&current=VID_20130804_071209_681_zps35 45e57e.mp4


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.