1st Range Report (S&W M&P) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1st Range Report (S&W M&P)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 02:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
FYI the lock pin that holds the back strap in place is meant to be used to push sear deactivating lever so even my big meat hooks make field strip fairly quick. I checked out Storm lake and it looks like I can get a barrel for about $160, that seems pretty fair, now I have to look into mag cost.
You are correct sir! I started out using the pin but found that I could use my pinky and do it much faster.

I was directed to '44mag' for my 9mm M&P mags: they were cheaper than any place else I looked online and they didn't have them backordered.

$160 ain't bad at all! mine was ~$230 I think and that was because of threading which also made the barrel longer: 4 & 7/8 inches is the total length now.

Quote:
Nice range report. Those are good groupings from 20 yrds. Its nice to see a fellow M&P owner.

I had no idea there was a 9mm barrel for the M&P 40. I'm going to have to get one of those.
Thanks dnt! The 9mm barrel for the M&P .40 is definitely worth it especially if you like to shoot the M&P a lot: it's just a great gun

Texas is where it's at!
Cheers,
Angry

Last edited by Angrypoonani; 04-17-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 AM   #12
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypoonani View Post
You are correct sir! I started out using the pin but found that I could use my pinky and do it much faster.

I was directed to '44mag' for my 9mm M&P mags: they were cheaper than any place else I looked online and they didn't have them backordered.

$160 ain't bad at all! mine was ~$230 I think and that was because of threading which also made the barrel longer: 4 & 7/8 inches is the total length now.

Thanks dnt! The 9mm barrel for the M&P .40 is definitely worth it especially if you like to shoot the M&P a lot: it's just a great gun
I saw the threaded option, didn't check the price, adding 5/8" to the barrel what are you doing with the threading?

Tags
m&p, range report, s&w, shooting