1911vsGlockvsXDMvsM&P...etc - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911vsGlockvsXDMvsM&P...etc

View Poll Results: 1911 or Glock
1911 44 69.84%
Glock 19 30.16%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fathead00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 2,922
Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf

Yeah, sorry about that.

I'm just, well, reluctant to

SHOOT MYSELF IN THE BALLS

in the name of self-defense. I'd prefer to

give OTHERS the opportunity to

attack me, rather than taking myself out of the

SD picture...

Don't misunderstand, I don't particularly enjoy my testicles,

I like my entire body, intact, equally well.

(Wow, TWO posts before the Mods locked it....)
So is this your attempt to just lock threads?? I think you should get a job with the media because you're pretty good at blaming firearms and not the people behind it.
__________________
Fathead00 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #112
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kryptar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,732
Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

Default

image-3165937174.jpg

.......
__________________
kryptar19 is online now  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #113
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911Alabamashooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Default

First post so here it goes: I own 4 Glock's and 4 1911's all which I've never had any problems with. The Glock in my opinion is like the AK of the pistol world. It just works no matter the elements. The 1911 on the other hand is a masterpiece of engineering and design, it's balanced well and points well. Honestly when I go to the range I take one of each at least, so I guess I would say a well rounded arsenal would have both and I feel I am efficient with both but the 1911 is usually the last magazine I load and empty when my range trip is done

__________________
1911Alabamashooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Alabamashooter
First post so here it goes: I own 4 Glock's and 4 1911's all which I've never had any problems with. The Glock in my opinion is like the AK of the pistol world. It just works no matter the elements. The 1911 on the other hand is a masterpiece of engineering and design, it's balanced well and points well. Honestly when I go to the range I take one of each at least, so I guess I would say a well rounded arsenal would have both and I feel I am efficient with both but the 1911 is usually the last magazine I load and empty when my range trip is done
You have fair points. In fact I have nothing wrong with anything you said. Every time I go to the range I take 3-4 handguns, provided I have rounds to shoot, 3 of which have different styles of actions (DA/SA revolver, striker fired, DA to SA with a decocker.

Maintaining relative proficiency with all our firearms is important.

As is cleaning regularly. Even AKs get cleaned occasionally.

For the record, I agree that Glocks are good, dependable firearms. I disagree with the idea that they're superior to a 1911 or any other handgun.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #115
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,580
Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Default

My AK never gets cleaned. It gets re-oiled occasionally, and

put back in the safe.

As to what ALWAYS goes to the range- the scoped Ruger MKII- my

22LR rifles have a hard time matching it for accuracy at 50 yards.

And one or other of the SKSs.

As to having a "well-rounded" collection, I can live with my

choices being lopsided just fine...

(Pssst- the jury's still out on whether Obamacare covers glock leg,

BRD, and Mosinitus.)

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #116
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,580
Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
So is this your attempt to just lock threads?? I think you should get a job with the media because you're pretty good at blaming firearms and not the people behind it.
Wow. Paranoid, accusatory, I was just making an observation- like it's

950EST, they must be busy tonight.

This really has been done to death. OOH, can we have just

ONE MORE " Rem 870 VS Mossy 500 thread"? Can we, hunh?

I KNOW, how about another

"1000 yard rifle for less than 500$" thread ?
__________________

Last edited by therewolf; 08-02-2013 at 01:54 AM.
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf

Wow. Paranoid, accusatory, I was just making an observation- like it's

950EST, they must be busy tonight.

This really has been done to death. OOH, can we have just

ONE MORE " Rem 870 VS Mossy 500 thread"? Can we, hunh?

I KNOW, how about another

"1000 yard rifle for less than 500$" thread ?
I'm in the market for a 2000 yard rifle. My budget is $250. Suggestions?
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #118
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kryptar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,732
Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I'm in the market for a 2000 yard rifle. My budget is $250. Suggestions?
Remington 770 in 30-30
__________________
kryptar19 is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19

Remington 770 in 30-30
I knew it! That's what my partner uses when we're taking down tangoes at the local mall. He's the designated marksman. I'm the entry man.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #120
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kryptar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,732
Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I knew it! That's what my partner uses when we're taking down tangoes at the local mall. He's the designated marksman. I'm the entry man.
And you carry something like this I hope.

image-3077476980.jpg

That's the only shotgun reliable enough for me when I patrol the mall.
__________________
kryptar19 is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Glock 1911 (lip) Vincine Semi-Auto Handguns 3 04-01-2012 11:01 PM
Glock 21 vs 1911 RedLegX Semi-Auto Handguns 46 01-03-2012 05:24 AM
1911 or glock austin125 Semi-Auto Handguns 45 12-15-2011 05:10 PM
Glock vs m&p vs xd(m) vs 1911 Paulsd Semi-Auto Handguns 3 06-02-2011 01:46 AM
1911 vs Glock saviorslegacy 1911 Forum 46 06-19-2010 07:54 AM